What Is Road Traffic Accident:
Road traffic accident is a sudden occurrence brought about when a particular vehicle collides with another vehicle, object or Individual while on transit.
Road traffic is one of the major cause of death the world over. It is unfortunate that with the high risk of getting involved in road traffic accident, a lot of road users still portray ignorance while on the road.
Major Causes Of Road Traffic Accident:
Mayo road safety highlighted the major causes of road traffic accidents to include:
- Bad driving habits and road safety like: Tailgating, dangerous overtaking, poor lane discipline, Lack of understanding of indicators, etc.
- Excess speed
- Driving in Fog
Other Causes Of Accidents Includes:
Lack on concentration, Inexperience, Poor sight, Poor vehicle condition, carelessness.
Due to the bad effect of Road traffic accident, if is needful that we observe all the necessary precautions to drive successfully.
These precautions includes:
- Make sure your vehicle is in good condition before putting in on the road.
- Do not gabble if you are not certified to drive. Get necessary training and experience before to get to the road
- Avoid every form of distraction while driving. Don’t forget….That call can wait!!!
- Drive at an average and moderate speed.
- Avoid tailgating. Tailgating gives you very limited time to react if you get into danger.
- Follow safe driving tips while driving in the fog, etc.