I will highlight “41 Safe driving tips“. Stay put and follow through, you can’t afford to miss any point.
41 Safe driving tips you must apply while driving
- Respect the yellow light – It serve as a caution
- Over-confidence kills, avoid it while driving.
- Do not drink and drive – This will impair your sense of judgment.
- Maintain safe distance from the vehicle in front – Avoid tailgating
- Avoid unnecessary braking
- Hold the steering correctly – Hold it with your two (2) hands
- Get checked – Ensure routine check on your vehicle always
- Obey road signs and speed limit – They are there to guide you
- Drive responsibly – Don’t be careless on the road
- Always use your sit belt – It may be your life saver
- Avoid distracted driving – Don’t be distracted by your phone, vehicle gadget or any other mobile device.
- Stay alert – Maintain 100% concentration
- Obey speed limit – Over speeding gives you very little time to react in case of a sudden occurrence.
- Set your car for convenience. This include adjusting your sit, your side mirror, rear mirror; it will make your journey to be less stressful
- When driving under misty condition, make sure your headlight is on
- Never forget your trafficator; put it at a safe distance before changing direction
- When the traffic light shows green, you must not move immediately. Check around before you move (Correct meaning of the colours of the traffic light)
- Never expect other drivers to do the right thing
- Always plan your journey. Leave early so that you will not find yourself being in a hurry, make provision for breaks.
- Beware of wet roads; always move on a considerable speed while driving on a wet road.
- Know that your braking distance is directly proportional to your speed. The higher the speed, the longer the braking distance.
- If you feel sleepy or dizzy while driving, pull-over to take a short nap
- If you must take a short nap, do that in a safe area.
- Never try to retrieve items that fall on the floor while still driving
- Discourage children playing around when driving; they should be settled and well buckled.
- Listen for emergency vehicles; always give way to emergency vehicles with sirens.
- Be pre-emptive in your driving. Always think ahead, predict what could be the next driver’s possible move. By so doing you will be ready to react.
- Secure cargo that may move around while the vehicle is in motion.
- Ensure that your vehicle tyres are in good condition
- Ensure safe inflation limit on your tyres – All tyres have its inflation limit; know yours. (Tyre Safety – 7 Safety points you should know about your tyre)
- Never overload your vehicle. Every tyre has maximum load capacity.
- Avoid assumption
- Exercise patience
- Be predictable
- Be sure of where you are going, do not portray indecisiveness on the road. It is one of the major cause of accident.
- Always understand that you are sharing the road with other road users. Respect other road users.
- If your sight is bad, driving is not for you either in the daytime or at night
- Drive only when you are physically and emotionally fit to do so.
- If you must drive at night, make sure your headlight is good.
- Avoid driving on an unknown route at night. If you must drive, you need to apply extra caution.
- Never use reverse to enter into a major road.
Safe driving tips are simple do’s/don’ts you should apply while driving. Staying safe is one thing no one can do for for – Hence, apply the safe driving tips and stay safe.
Safe driving tips!!!