Road safety tips are safety information needed to stay safe on the road. This tips are for drivers, pedestrian and the general public.
This article will enumerate important road safety tips.
Road Safety Tips
- Keep 100% of your attention when driving at all times
- Don’t use your phone or any other electronic device while driving.
- Avoid over-speeding
- Keep a 2-second cushion between you and the car in front of you; make it 4 seconds if the weather is bad
- When embarking on long distance journey, build time into your trip schedule to stop for food, rest breaks, phone calls or other business.
- Secure cargo that may move around while the vehicle is in motion.
- Don’t attempt to retrieve items that fall to the floor while driving.
- Always drive when sober, avoid drunk driving
- Never drive when tired
- Ensure all vehicle occupants wear a seat belt.
- Observe and obey road traffic rules always
- Make sure you buckle up your seat belt always when driving
- Always carry out routine vehicle check before use.
- Never play on the road
- Look Left, Then, Right, Then Left Before Crossing the Street.
- Obey the speed limit
- If a breakdown occurs, turn hazard lights on and get the vehicle to a safe location.
- If the vehicle breaks down on the roadway, turn hazard lights on, stay belted in the vehicle and wait for professional help.
- Never get out of a vehicle to make a repair on a busy road.
- Parents of children residing near busy roads should keep the Gates closed always.
- Avoid long trips during night, as far as possible.
- Do not park vehicles near curvature.
- Drive defensively to protect yourself and other road users.
- Be especially alert when approaching traffic lights, intersections and level crossings.
- Only overtake when it is absolutely safe to do so.
Above are some road safety tips. The list is not exhaustive, as more can still be added.