In this article I will give you 10 Best Personal Safety Apps for 2024. We are using 2024 because 2023 is almost out.
So if you were not using a Personal Safety App in 2023, you should plan to start using in 2024; never take your personal safety for granted.
However, What is Personal Safety;
Your personal safety is a general recognition and avoidance of possible harmful situations or persons in your surroundings.
It can also be said to be an individual’s ability to go about their everyday life free from the threat or fear of psychological, emotional or physical harm from others.
NOTE: None of the above definition is my personal definition of personal safety, but I want to pick something out from them.
Here is what personal safety covers:
- General recognition of a harmful situation
- Ability to avoid or cushion yourself against this harm
- Ability to go about your daily life without fear, threat, physical harm or emotional harm.
So in my own term, I can say personal safety is a state where you understand the harm around but believe that you have structures in place to cushion yourself against these impending dangers.
One of the ways to cushion yourself against these impending dangers is by using Personal Safety App; in the next paragraph I will be listing “10 Best Personal Safety Apps” with their properties which you can start using.
10 Best Personal Safety Apps for 2024
I will list the Apps with their details and links to the app store. I will be using mostly android links since we have more android users the IOS. Any of the app that is exclusively on IOS will be mentioned also.
PROtect is an easy-to-use smart security platform offered by organizations to keep teammates and employees safe – no matter where the workday takes them.
WHAT CAN I USE IT FOR?
Share your schedule with emergency contacts and set-up emergency notifications that are instantly sent to your PROtectors if you miss a post-event check-in.
This simple app is designed to protect your safety during client meetings, sales calls, open houses, and other social situations. Trust PROtect to keep you safe so you can stay focused on what you do best — your job!
Build Your Safety Circle: Create circles of trusted PROtectors who will be notified in the event of an emergency so that they can send immediate help. Customize different circles for different situations.
Safer Scheduler: Share your schedule with your PROtectors and set timers that activate emergency notifications.
Smart Data: In the event of an emergency, PROtect instantly starts collecting GPS information and shares this with your PROtector helper circle.
Quick Timer: When something doesn’t feel right, tap this option to start a short-term timer. Your PROtectors will be alerted if you don’t turn the timer off within the time limit.
SOS Emergency Alarm: Send out an immediate call for help and PROtect will reach out to your PROtectors right away.
Communication Room: This virtual hub gives your PROtectors instant access to your GPS info, alert messages, status updates and a message board they can use to work together in case of an emergency.
SafetyBox allows you to:
- View the location of family and friends.
- Receive real-time alerts when family or friends are in need of assistance
- See the location of stolen or lost phones • Works on both Android Phones and iPhones
Locate family and friends
SafetyBox alerts you when a family member requires your assistance, open the alert to find their location and head straight there to assist them. Check on their progress while on long road trips to ensure they reach their destination safely. You are able to control which family and friends can follow you on your journeys.
The app uses GPS location technology to report the whereabouts of your family and friends that allow you to view their location. Install the SafetyBox Personal safety app on your phone, add your family and friends as contacts and locate them on your own private map.
Capture images and videos
SafetyBox allows you to capture images and record videos in cases of emergencies in the time of need and stores this on a secure server.
Locate the nearest emergency services around you using our quick find feature. You can find Hospitals, ambulance services, police and fire departments with a single button click for fast response in an emergency.
SafetyBox allows to record an event or incident which can be forwarded to your family and friends. They will receive an alert with the recording and your location.
In order for our app to work properly, we need your permission in a couple of aspects.. Please accept these when prompted for optimal performance.
Microphone and media – This setting allows us to capture images and record videos on your behalf.
Location – This setting allows us to show location accurately and quickly.
Network – This connects you to the Internet and allows us to send and receive location information to and from family members and friends on your map.
uAlert is a true emergency response system that uses your phone’s GPS to locate you and, when you raise an alert, sends help your way. It is a “system” because there are teams of people actually involved; it isn’t a mere self-functioning app. This is what differentiates this app from all other personal safety apps. It has been designed to offer the fastest and most efficient response in the event of an attack, notifying your friends and family, our center and the local police. It also gives you access to 24/7 crisis phone counselling.
When the “Hi’ alert button is pressed, not only is the police number in your designated country set up to dial out, but a video recording begins automatically and a short video is submitted to our center. You have the option to send more video if you are able to.
We have a team of personnel standing by for assistance and can communicate directly with the user/victim. They are trained crisis intervention counselors and are available by phone 24/7. What’s more, with the “assistU” feature, we are able to offer scheduled security services exclusively through our app. (The only feature where there’s an additional charge.)
Additional free features include user Check-In, uGo navigation, Safe Places, uFit for health, My Calendar, Missing Child Poster, smart watch compatibility and much more. It even has internal reporting and statistics that could help us identify the specific social problems on a global level.
The SABRE Personal Safety app sends help alerts to selected contacts with your GPS location. Stay safer wherever you go with a personal safety app you can trust by your side.
Use the in-app panic button on its own to send help alerts, or pair it with the SABRE SMART Pepper Spray. Your selected contacts will be immediately notified by SMS text and provided a map link to pinpoint your exact location as well as geo-tracking updates until you mark yourself as safe.
- See something that worries you? Approached by a stranger? Send automatic SMS text alerts to your selected contacts by the push of a button in the app. If it’s a false alarm, you can easily mark yourself as safe to cancel the alert.
- In case of danger, the app geo-tracks your exact location in real time. It will automatically send your current location with the initial alert, and will continue providing your real-time location. Selected contacts will be able to follow you until you mark yourself as safe.
- Your selected contacts do not have to have the app downloaded to receive your help alerts, so you can trust your alerts will be sent every time to verified contacts.
- Use the in-app map to view your own location at any time, ideal if you find yourself in an unfamiliar area.
- Add an extra layer of protection by pairing the SABRE SMART Pepper Spray, which connects via Bluetooth. Your selected contacts will automatically get an alert and access to your location if the SMART Pepper Spray is deployed; selected contacts will have access to your real-time location until you mark yourself as safe.
- View your SMART Pepper Spray battery power level and pairing status easily in the app.
- If you choose to upgrade to SABRE Premium, you’ll have access to send alert notifications to 911 dispatchers when the in-app alert is sent or when your SMART Pepper Spray is deployed.
- Local police will be alerted and given the ability to track and help you in case of emergency.
5. Autumn Alert (IOS Only)
Autumn Alert® is an innovative system designed by Kaydon Stanzione, a world-recognized aerospace engineer, originally used for military and Homeland Security applications. The result is a comprehensive solution that helps manage, monitor, protect, respond and communicate with individuals, groups, organizations, and remote equipment during emergencies and daily activities. Autumn Alert® adapts to the requirements of individuals, corporations, military services, law enforcement, government agencies, schools, and health care institutions. Any Time. Any Place. Any Device.
Keep Families Connected and Children Safe
Whether planning a get-together, asking for help or simply communicating, Autumn Alert offers private and secure communications with individuals or groups of family and friends. Where every minute counts in locating a lost or missing child, the one-touch emergency alert feature will immediately send multiple telephone calls, text messages, and emails to a pre-selected list of family, friends, neighbors and First Responders.
Assure a Safe Educational Environment
Provides protection for teachers, staff and students in the event of bullying, criminal threats, targeted violence and terrorism. Supports early threat intervention and establishes a safe culture and climate on school property or away at school trips and sporting events. Keeps family, teachers, coaches, and administrators informed of student’s precise location and well-being
Help Seniors and Patients Stay Safe and Healthy
Keeps caregivers and loved ones informed of medical appointments, medication, dietary, and general health issues. When help is needed, the one-touch emergency alert feature immediately sends selected personal and health care information along with precise location via phone calls, text messages, and emails to pre-selected first responders, health care providers, caregivers, family members, and other concerned individuals.
Timely & Secure Communications for Business/Government Groups
Instantly share information between employees, vendors and customers within and outside your organization to manage productivity, profits and customer satisfaction. For municipal coordination, send instant critical or routine detail communication with groups of first responders or local residents.
- Store travel routes
- Capture waypoints
- Secure privacy
- Send voice, text, email untraceable from device’s carrier
- Protect people and assets
- Locate First Responders & Experts to help you
- Hosted telecom maximizes message success
- Worldwide operations using Wi-Fi only
- TripTrax™ stores travel routes
- Safe Havens™ crowd-sourced safety risk
- Travel logs and picture e-books
- Electronic passport for identification
- Control GPS tracking options
- Low device battery warning
- Online store for safety products / services
- Voice message manager
- Back-up data bypasses device’s carrier
- One-touch emergency messaging
- Manage with any mobile device or website
- Custom alert notifications and response plans
- Command & Control for public and private use
- Unlimited history storage
Military, Law Enforcement & Industry
- Artificially Intelligent, Autonomous Decision Support Systems
- C4ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance)
- SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition)
- Incident Command System (ICS)
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Remote Telemetry Unit (RTU), Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), Programmable Automation Controller (PAC)
iOkay is a security app designed to be your Private Guardian. It is ready to protect you in all situations.
HOW DOES IT WORK ?
Install iOkay, select your trusted contacts (they can be your parents, friends, relatives) and, with one touch of the green button, warn from anywhere in the world that everything is OK with you or, by touching the red button, ask for help immediately. If you want, you can send your location in real time via GPS.
iOkay allows personalized messages, calls, access to the main emergency phones in Brazil, create safe locations on a map and send alerts whenever you pass by them, automatically inform your contacts that your cell phone battery is running out and much more.
iOkay is designed to work in any environment, even if you don’t have Wi-Fi or Mobile Data Network, like 2g, 3g or 4g.
When both users have iOkay installed, notifications are sent via message within the application itself. When one of the users doesn’t have the app or doesn’t have the internet, iOkay works via SMS, thus guaranteeing the sending.
Unlike other apps on the market, iOkay does not track your location all the time, that is, it does not invade your privacy. It is an extremely practical and efficient security tool that allows you to ask your own contacts for help with just one touch.
✓ Green Button
With 1 touch, send a message informing that everything is OK with you.
Hold it for 2 sec and iOkay will call your Primary Contact defined in the app.
✓ Red Button
With 1 touch, send a distress message with your location.
Hold it for 2 sec. to call directly 190 (Military Police). The number can be edited in the app settings.
✓ Safe Locations
Choose your safe locations on a map and iOkay will inform your contacts when you are there.
✓ Risk Areas
When you enter these areas, iOkay will warn you to stay alert.
Activate this function and your contacts will receive your location and a distress message every 60 seconds. iOkay sends the notifications even with the application in the background or even closed. If you don’t have internet, it will try to send them by SMS.
✓ Useful Phones
Have access to the main emergency phones in Brazil.
Customize your OK and Emergency messages.
Import contacts directly from your agenda, in a practical and instantaneous way.
✓ iOkay iTag – Security Keychain
Now you can get your iOkay panic button and ask for help twice as fast. With it you activate iOkay without touching the Smartphone!
1) Press the red iOkay App button via 2 fast touches.
2) It has a range of up to 40 meters away from the cell phone (this distance may vary according to the environment characteristics).
3) It can be acquired by the iOkay app itself. We deliver it directly to your home.
4) Collision sensor : Activate the preferences tab and in case of an accident with your car iOkay automatically asks for help for your contacts.
5) Fall Sensor: Activate on the preferences tab and in case you suffer a fall on foot, motorcycle or bicycle iOkay will warn your contacts automatically.
After an incident of sexual assault, Charlen and her father developed bSafe, one of the most advanced and reliable personal safety apps in the world.
Exposed in 125 countries with millions of downloads and more than 100.000 articles in media such as ABC, CNN, NBC, BBC, Fox News, and Forbes.
“bSafe is a safety service that can easily be used by anyone. I see the potential for solving real issues for children and parents and anyone looking for solutions to increase their security. Everyone needs a service like this.” – Jada Pinkett Smith
TOP-RATED PERSONAL SAFETY APP
- bSafe prevents crimes like violence, sexual assaults, and rape as well as creates evidence in cases where it has already occurred.
- bSafe gives you ground-breaking technology that prevents and documents violence and threats for your loved ones, employees, students, and your community.
- Voice Activation, Live Streaming, Audio/Video Recording, Fake Call, and Follow Me in combination with location and tracking are some of the features that can help you stay safe.
THIS IS HOW BSAFE WORKS
Voice Activation: Enable the SOS alarm by touch or voice even if your cell phone is placed inside your jacket, pocket, or purse. You do not need to press the SOS button to activate it.
Live Streaming: When the SOS is activated, your guardians will get your location and can track you. Guardians will be able to see and hear everything that is happening in real-time via live streaming and can track your location at the same time.
Automatic Recording: When the SOS alarm is activated, your phone will automatically start to record both audio and video. The recorded files will be sent to your guardian’s cell phone.
Fake Call: Get your phone to call you and get out of unpleasant or threatening situations.
Guardians: Set up your own social and personal security network of friends and family (guardians). Invite as many as you want.
UrSafeone of the first and only hands-free, voice-activated Personal Safety and Security Application integrated with 911 to empower everyone to stay safe wherever you are.
Smart technology that allows users to set personal safewords that trigger different responses depending on the severity of the situation, from uncomfortable to life-threatening situations. Available in 200+ countries.
How the App Works
Create an Account – The first step is to Log in to the app and complete the account creation process & add and verify your phone number.
Emergency Pin – Set an emergency pin to deactivate the SOS code. Add contacts to request help from in an unsafe situation.
Set up Profile – Setup your profile and you are all set to monitor safety tracking.
Follow Me – Feel secure by allowing your selected contacts to track the journeys and notify them when you arrive and reach your destination safely. Activate the follow me feature to let the contacts know where you are going and they can keep a virtual track of your live location with the GPS tracking on their phones.
Safety Checks – Trigger safety checks when you arrive or leave a certain location. Enter the pin periodically to let your contacts know that you are safe.
Live Streaming – Notify your loved ones, family members or someone from emergency contacts instantly, with the live audio and video streaming to monitor unsafe or uncomfortable situations. The camera will begin streaming live video to your contacts, so they can have a live visual of the happenings around you.
Fake Calls – Schedule and ring with a fake phone call, for when you need to make an excuse or get out of a dangerous or threatening situation. You can even customize the caller and trigger it using the code word.
Emergency SOS Alert – Activate the SOS mode and quickly alert your contacts and 911 if you experience any discomfort or stress. Your contacts and 911 will be called immediately.
Voice Activation – Hands-free voice-activated feature in case of situations where you can’t publicly use or touch your phones, enable the SOS mode with your voice. No need to press the button to operate in case of difficult situations.
Nearest Locations – Get the information of the nearest police stations, hospitals and fire departments.
Geo-located 911 – App integrated with public safety agencies in over 240 countries and territories for worldwide security that does not require any cellular data.
We are helping everyone to walk safely and feel secured, especially women and family safety.
– Personal information like name, address, location, phone number, email address is collected discreetly and secured by Ursafe Technologies.
– If you are a minor less than 13 years old, please do not register for UrSafe Technologies Services or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from such a minor, we will delete that information.
– To prevent abuse, UrSafe Technologies will notify the user when (s)he is being located by another user.
9. Auggie Personal Safety (IOS)
Auggie is a free personal safety and navigation app designed for the low vision community that provides a great experience for all users..
Comprehensive and easy to use features for both everyday safety and real emergencies make this the ultimate personal safety tool for you and your loved ones.
Auggie provides usability that encompasses a range of vision-ability from those with low vision condition to those who are completely blind, which include:
We believe that inclusive design gives more people the opportunity to enjoy our apps by ensuring that everyone can use and understand them.
Design with Accessibility in Mind
Accessibility, for us, is not just about making information available to users with disabilities—it’s about making information available to everyone, regardless of their capabilities or situation. Designing an app with accessibility in mind means prioritizing simplicity and perceivability and examining every design decision to ensure that it doesn’t exclude users who have different abilities or interact with their devices in different ways.
▷ Fully accessible with VoiceOver and Dynamic Text.
▷ Dark Mode Support
▷ Apple Voice Control Support
▷ Large menu buttons.
▷ Voice Control menu option.
▷ Auggie Speak – Talking alerts and notifications.
▷ Optimized for the color impairments.
▷ Easy to navigate Alert and Accessibility settings.
▷ Voice recognition searching. No keypad necessary.
▷ Search results with Augmented Reality (AR)
▷ Voice recognition searching. No keypad necessary.
10. Rave Guardian
Rave Guardian is the best way to improve your personal safety by leveraging those you trust to be your own private safety network. Rave Guardian provides rapid and proactive communication with your organization. Guardian is completely configured by the organization(s) you are associated with to make connecting in times of crisis or just plain confusion simple and easy.
Easy 2 step sign-up process for most people.
Rave Guardian allows you to do the following(depending on what your participating organization allows):
• Text with your organization in real time
• Send in anonymous tips
• Deliver a rich profile of information to safety officials
• Share location information with safety official during an emergency call
• Quick access to safety or important phone numbers
• Robust resources selected by your organization for convenience
• If you allow Guardian, you can receive important notification based on your location.
In conclusion, your personal safety is not something you should toy with. Above are 10 very good app you can use to boost your personal safety, you can use anyone that best suits you; you can also make more research on other apps that are still available in the market. STAY SAFE.