Top 10 Health, Safety and Environment training providers in Nigeria and overseas is a question most prospective HSE professionals ask.
Becoming a Health and safety (HSE) professional is a dream of most people, but how to actualize this dream is always a problem when there is no guidance. This article aims to help you achieve this goal.
What is health and safety?
Health and safety is a discipline with a broad scope involving many specialized fields. In its broadest sense, it should aim at:
- Promoting and maintaining of the highest degree of physical, mental and social well-being of workers in all occupations;
- Protecting workers from risks resulting from factors adverse to health;
- Maintaining and placing workers in an occupational environment which will promote their physical and mental wellbeing;
- The adapting of work processes to workers ability.
In other words, occupational health and safety encompasses the social, mental and physical well-being of workers.
Successful occupational health and safety practice requires the collaboration and participation of both employers and employees. It also involves the consideration of issues relating to occupational medicine, industrial hygiene, toxicology, education, engineering safety, ergonomics, psychology, etc.
HSE (Health Safety and Environment) is no doubt one of the hottest and well paid profession at present.
The best news is that with just basic academic qualification, you can be a Health and Safety (HSE) professional as far as you have the passion.
Health and Safety career path
With your HSE certificate you have a wide range of areas you can function, like:
- Oil and Gas sector
- Construction sector
- Manufacturing sector
- Telecommunication sector
- Administrative sector
- Financial institutions,
and lots more!!!
You may choose to work as a private consultant after acquiring the necessary experience and certifications.
LET ME SHOCK YOU……I was employed as an HSE officer in a multinational company after less than two (2) weeks of training.
Basic HSE courses
Let me pause here to intimate you on the basic HSE courses. Though there are wide range of Health and Safety (HSE) courses, the starting point is always the basics, which are:
- Health, Safety and Environment (HSE )level 1
- Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) level 2
- Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) level 3
- Advanced Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) course
With at least two (2) of these, you are on track to being an Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) professional.
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) level 1 & 2 will not last more than a week. Just one week training can set you up for greater achievements.
I know someone is asking where and how can I register for these courses?
Top 10 Health, Safety and Environment training providers in Nigeria and Overseas
Where to enroll for Health and Safety training in Nigeria
There are lots of Health Safety and Environment course providers in Nigeria and outside Nigeria, here are some of them.
- Novelle training center: Check details of their package here
- Lonadek: See site for more detail here
- HSE train: Check details of their package here
- SGS Nigeria: Check site for details here
- Hybrid consulting: See 2017 training calendar here
- ISPON: Check details of their package here
- OilTrain: Check site for details here
Where to enroll for Health and Safety training overseas
If you are an average professional and need to enroll in other courses to grow in the profession, these links could be so invaluable:
- SMTS GROUP: Check details of their package here
- ROSPA: Check details of their package here
- ATM SAFETY: Check details of their package here
I am looking forward to receiving you into the HSE profession, best of luck.
SEE YOU AT THE TOP!!!