Technical Safety Engineer – Oil & Gas Operator
- Job reference: 914261
- Location: South Korea
- Salary: net rate + accommodation and transportation
- Job type: Contract
My client, an oil & gas operator require a Technical Safety engineer for a contract opportunity base din South Korea.
Rotation: 12/2, Net rate, accommodation and transportation provided.
– Your responsibility includes overseeing, coordinating, monitoring, reviewing and endorsing contractor’s design with incorporation of the essential process safety and loss prevention elements to ensure the overall design is safe to operate, ease to maintain and meeting the requirements of the applicable safety codes and standards.
– You are also responsible to coordinate with the contractor to arrange for the safety studies and risk assessment/workshop/review sessions and participate fully in these sessions to identify and manage the hazards/risks to an ALARP level.
– His secondary role is to work with contractor’s HSE Manager for the proper implementation and managing the HSE aspects of the offshore works to ensure the works are being performed safely and to avoid any personnel injury, damage to the property and environment.
– This person must be able to work independently and preferably who has working experience with a small operator as he will likely be the only person with extensive technical safety experience and be relied upon on most issues relating to process safety and loss prevention within the project team.
Required skills and experience:
1. Engineering degree from a reputable university
2. Extensive eexperience in the upstream offshore oil and gas sectors
3. Must have extensive process safety and loss prevention knowledge and working experience relating to the engineering, procurement, testing, installation, pre-commissioning/commissioning and start-up of offshore oil and gas production and processing facilities. You must have worked on several multi-million projects in the past. Brownfield experience is essential.
4. Must be familiar with the industry acceptable codes and standards relating to process safety and loss prevention in the upstream oil and gas sector. He must majored in the systematic process of hazards and risks identification, hazards and risks assessment, and manage hazards and risks to an ALARP level. You should have excellent understanding of safety case, design safety and safety philosophy. He must also have extensive experience in safety studies and assessments such as HAZOP, HAZID, SIL, QRA, SIMPOS, JSA,dropped objects, passive fire protection, fire and explosion, gas and vent dispersion, exhaust and heat radiation dispersion, emergency system survivability, evacuation, escape and rescue, firefighting systems, safe equipment layout, hazardous area classification schedule, etc. This person should have good hand on experience relating to process safety and loss prevention design, construction, operations and maintenance, and have worked on brownfield projects relating to systems expansion and modification, lifting and working on live gas facilities, etc.
5. You must have the working knowledge and experience on managing the health, safety and environmental protection for upstream offshore oil & gas environment.
How to Apply