Sr. Learning + Development Specialist – Health, Safety, Security, & Environmental (HSSE) Job in Atlanta
Location: Atlanta, GA
Katerra is currently seeking a Sr. Learning + Development Specialist to join our team to support our growing business, ensure the safety and health of our employees, protect the environment, and to support our mission. The Sr. L+D Specialist, HSSE will be responsible for mentoring and training regional, field-based trainers, as well as developing, delivering and coordinating high quality HSSE learning programs and opportunities across Katerra. This includes but is not limited to; safety expectations, emergency response, equipment operation, hazard identification, active shooter, storm water, and global harmonized system. The Sr. L+D Specialist, HSSE will be a strong facilitator and communicator, exceptionally well organized, and effective engaging with diverse audiences.
This is a great opportunity to grow along with an exciting, young company and drive the development of a world-class learning and development program. The Sr. L+D Specialist will join Katerra’s Human Resources team and report to the HSSE L+D Lead. This position will require some travel to Katerra offices, factories, distribution centers and jobsites outside of the employee’s home area.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead by example and promote a safety environment and culture.
- Work proactively with the entire HSSE Team, HR, Risk & Insurance, and Learning + Development to support all aspects of HSSE training content development and delivery.
- Partner with internal stakeholders regarding employee learning needs and build solid cross-functional relationships.
- Stay abreast of the new trends and tools in employee development and HSSE training
- Contribute to the development of the company-wide HSSE training strategy, in partnership with the HSSE L+D Lead and HSSE Leadership.
- Coordinate, develop, deliver and/or source learning/training programs for HSSE across Katerra.
- Liaise with subject matter experts regarding instructional design.
- Ensures compliance training meets state and federal regulations.
- Work with the HSSE L+D Leads to ensure all state required training is being delivered in the timeframe set forth in the regulatory standards.
- Deliver learning through a variety of delivery methods including classroom instruction, virtual/ virtual reality training, and on-the-job coaching.
- Mentor and train HSSE Leads and techs in the field to deliver training in the most efficient and effective manners in an extremely fast paced, scaling and agile environment.
- Where possible, leverage current HSSE leads and techs to assist in the delivery of HSSE related training topics.
- Partner with L+D team to design and apply assessment tools to measure effectiveness of learning initiatives to ensure incorporation of taught skills into employees’ work behavior.
- Maintain training records and certification status within the organization’s learning management system(s) in alignment with overall Katerra approach.
Required Skills & Experience
- Disciplined work ethic with great attitude and energy.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Flexibility to evolve with various challenges and directions as new assignments and initiatives unfold.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding, dynamic work environment.
- Strong verbal (facilitation and presentation) and written communication skills.
- 7+ years of experience in learning and development, training and/or HSE
- Bachelors in Learning and Development, Human Resources, Organizational Development, Safety, Engineering, Business or other related field of study
- Demonstrated abilities in program development and assessment, training, and employee development initiatives.
- Knowledge of adult instructional and learning theory and principles.
- Knowledge of learning management systems.
- Ability to influence others to perform their jobs safely and create a culture of safety.
- Attention to detail.
- Bias for action.
- Ability to self-solve.
- Highly motivated, with aspirations for career growth.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Strong, values-driven leader.
- Initiative to execute on self-guided, special initiative projects.
- Successfully completed OSHA Course #510 and #501 and possesses a current Authorized Construction Trainer Card.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Authorized to teach First Aid/CPR/AED Training Card.
- Authorized to train team members on Forklifts and Aerial lifts.
- Successfully completed OSHA Course #511 and #502 and possesses a current Authorized General Industry Trainer Card.