Senior Director, Global Health and Safety position in U.S
Req Id: JR-0041620
Location: New York, United States of America
- Be the subject matter expert for Occupational Health and Safety within South and North America, driving and facilitating H&S corporate governance through the business.
- Provide the business with strategic leadership for Health and Safety, ensuring that Health and Safety is taken into account in all areas of the business via persuasion and influencing at all levels within the organisation.
- Create a straightforward and scalable Health and Safety management framework that delivers H&S excellence and H&S compliance across your Regions of responsibility, taking into account cultural differences, regulatory requirements and society’s expectations.
- Work closely with the Building Operations Teams to ensure robust facilities maintenance regimes are in place to adequately control risks such as fire, legionella, electricity, lifts etc.
- Work closely with the People and Community Experience Teams to design and drive mental health and wellness programmes.
- Work closely with the Development Team to ensure that the construction and design of our buildings is done in a safe manner, factoring Health and Safety matters into the design of the building.
- Work closely with Regional Building Operations Directors and Regional Security Directors to provide insight and guidance.
- Promote other cross functional initiatives that foster a world class Health and Safety culture and standards.
- Manage, direct and empower Regional Health and Safety Managers to ensure that Health and Safety frameworks are fully implemented, legally compliant and successful on the delivery of their desired outcomes in your Region of responsibility.
- Be responsible for the development of Health and Safety training programs that empower our Community Teams to become Health and Safety and emergency leaders. (Including but not limited to Occupational H&S, Fire Safety and First Aid)
- Implement robust and mature monitoring, auditing and reporting processes on Health and Safety performance, training and compliance. (Including but not limited to accident analysis, training completion, regulatory enforcement and H&S auditing).
- In collaboration with the Global Security Emergency Management Team, develop and maintain WeWork’s Emergency planning, preparedness and management (Emergency Action Plans).
- Execute a thorough H&S due diligence process when entering new markets, coordinating readiness plans and advising the business on residual risk.
- Oversee the H&S incident reporting systems, detecting trends and ensuring that thorough investigations take place when required.
- Establish relationships (when applicable) with third party vendors and develop and review large scale regional contracts to support our service and project needs.
- 10+ years practical experience in the creation, implementation and monitoring of Health and Safety management systems.
- 7+ years of personnel management experience.
- 5+ years of experience in managing Health & Safety regionally or globally.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area.
- Masters degree is preferred.
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.