Safety & Emergency Response Admin Associate Shell United States
Job Ref: 57263BR
Job Title: Admin Associate – Safety & Emergency Response
Location: Deer Park, TX, United States
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
This position provides general support to the Safety & Emergency Response Department in the following ways- supports contractor onboarding and management, executes shift and overtime scheduling, delivers quality document creation and support, provides organizational oversight, and performs office management services to facilitate efficiency and continuity of operations within the Safety & Emergency Response Department. (approximately 40 team members).
This position is responsible for providing comprehensive contractor, scheduling, and administrative support to facilitate the continuity of the department’s operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Emergency Response support (focal point for notification system, EOC Schedule, teams, etc.)
- Provide Contractor Safety support (contractor vetting, approval, and communication).
- ER Scheduler for shift teams.
- Corporate Credit Card handling (TMS), monthly expense processing and assist personnel with expense statements questions and training.
- Monitor 3rd party spend (events, office supplies, cell phones)
- Act as Records Focal Point for Safety & Emergency Response and assist in TRIM.
- Maintain department documentation in Sharepoint.
- Maintain departments websites using Q&E software.
- Supervise Office Education Student (OE Student).
- Onboarding and off boarding of staff and contractors (access, documentation, safety equipment, emergency protocol).
- Coordinate IT equipment and handle ad-hoc request via “My Request”.
- Maintain departmental Outlook distribution list and shared drives.
- Maintain departmental documents (organizational charts, contact list, vacation schedules).
- Schedule and coordinate office moves, dept. meetings, venues, lunches, recognition events, workshops, offsite training, travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Cameras, Pagers, Cell Phone and Radio liaison for department.
- Backup for data compliance.
- Other general administrative duties: respond to queries, filing, scanning, copying, faxing, being an informational focal point.
- Assist on special projects as needed.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in administrative support role.
- Experience or exposure to a Safety Organization preferred.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Programs with an emphasis on Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proven knowledge of SAP/GSAP, Q&E, SOU, SchedulePro and TRIM preferred.
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills with internal and external customers.