Safety Design Manager Australia
Our client is a Tier 1 engineering solutions provider who is involved with some of Victoria’s largest major projects. The organisation is looking to add a safety in design manager to the existing team due to the continued growth of the business. This represents a huge opportunity for the right candidate and an opportunity to join a consortium who are consistently involved in the development of Victoria’s growing infrastructure works.
Reporting to the senior leaders within the organisation, your new role will see you work across the safety in design for one of Victoria’s most iconic projects. Your major responsibilities include:
- Facilitation and running of safety workshops across a wide range of disciplines;
- Managing a team of support staff
- Facilitation, management, delegation, preparation and distribution of safety workshop outputs.
- Working collaboratively with all stakeholders for the project.
- Reporting to senior management;
- Communication of HSEQ system policies and processes.
What you’ll need to succeed
You will be a senior safety professional looking to provide your technical knowledge and expertise in a large organisation. Your role will require you to:
- Demonstrated experience in leading the Safety in Design and Risk process for major projects, specifically in the civil construction industry
- Demonstrated HSE experience
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated skills in workshop facilitation
- Ability to work under pressure and manage time effectively
- Knowledge of relevant accreditations, namely ISO 9001, ISO 31000 and ISO45001
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply HSE legislation including the relevant regulations and codes of practice
- Substantial experience in management systems
What you’ll get in return
You will receive a fantastic remuneration package and a chance to work with a company at the top of its field. A broad range of employee benefits are also on offer for the right candidate and a chance to make your mark on Victoria’s infrastructure landscape.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Jonathan Somlai at Hays Health and Safety now on 03 9604 9614.