Safety Coordinator Job with Marathon Petroleum – Kingfisher, OK, United States
Location Name: Kingfisher, OK Location Address: 800 W. Victory Ln., Kingfisher, OK, United States (US), 73750 Education Level: Bachelor’s Desired Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years) Employee Group: Regular – Full Time Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
Responsible for the facilitation and development of the Stack/Omega health and safety program in alignment with MPC/MPLX requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops, implements and improves general safety programs through revisions to policies and procedures, including Safe Work Permitting, Lockout/Tagout (LOTO), Fall Protection, High Hazard Work, Confined Space Entry, Trenching and Shoring, Safety Program Auditing, Respiratory Protection, Hearing Conversation, and Hazard Communication.
• Manages the Stack/Omega contractor safety program through the facilitation of contractor safety observations, contractor orientation, and continuous improvement initiatives using Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Facilitates safety related incident investigations. Analyzes accident and incident reports for trend analysis including leading and lagging indicators. Provides recommendations for correcting unsafe conditions and actions.
• Provides technical safety support during normal operations, maintenance activities, construction, and shutdown activities.
• Conducts annual evaluations of the work permitting, LOTO, and confined space programs.
• Reviews project plans, including new and retrofit projects to ensure compliance with local, state and federal safety regulations. Lead and/or participate in safety audits (Stack/Omega/G&P)
• Performs frequent field visits to assess the implementation and performance of established safety policies and procedures, providing detailed reports and improvement plans as required.
• Oversees the development and presentation of safety training programs and regularly scheduled safety meetings for employees and contractors. Facilitates new hire safety orientation for new employees. Leads and participates in the site safety committee.
• Assists in the development and management of assigned elements of the annual budget
• Participates in industry and company and/or safety conferences, seminars and committees as appropriate. Supports and participates in corporate initiatives and programs.
• Participate in major project design review, project execution planning and other project development activities.
• Assists operations in DOT/PHMSA and PSM compliance activities and initiatives
• High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in General Safety, Safety Engineering, Industrial hygiene or related discipline required.
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred
• 5 years related experience required, preferably in the Mid-Stream oil and gas industry
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Working knowledge of management systems and associated databases.
• Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports and other material.
• Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
• Ability to develop, implement, and enforce safety programs and protocols.
• Ability to design and present informational programs and presentations, based on assessed needs.
• Strong communication and professional relationship building skills required.
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
• Ability to lead and train staff and/or employees and to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local safety regulations, protocols, and procedures
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell.
• The employee frequently is required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• This is a safety sensitive position: will have to pass a physical fitness test, drug screening, and background check. In addition, this position is subject to random drug testing.
Work is typically performed both outside at field locations and plants and inside a regular office. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions,
Light exposure including bright or dim lighting, wet or humid conditions, and extreme heat (non-weather). Light exposure to extreme heat and cold, moving mechanical parts, loud noise, and vibrations.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT USED
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly use hand tools, computers, phone, fax, copier, map printer/plotter and analytical electronic devices, buried pipe line locators and operate a motor vehicle.