Online associates degree in occupational health and safety is available in CQ University Australia and other locations.
This online study allows you to balance work and study so you can gain practical experience and earn while you learn.
CQ University Australia – Online associates degree in occupational health and safety
2 years full-time, 4 years part-time
The Associate Degree of Occupational Health and Safety is designed to prepare you for occupational health and safety roles at paraprofessional level.
Benefit from the opportunity to undertake a study plan that can be applied to the discipline and career path that interests you.
Your education and training will equip you with knowledge and skills in ergonomics, science and occupational health and safety management.
You will also have the option to continue your studies and complete the Bachelor of Occupational Health and Safety, allowing you to further enhance your future career prospects.
The course has been developed to meet the ever-increasing needs of our communities both in Australia and internationally, and is constantly updated in consultation with industry, ensuring you graduate with up-to-date skills and work ready.
Term dates for 2019
Term 1: 11 March to 7 June
Term 2: 15 July to 11 October
Term 3: 11 November to 14 February 2020
If you were not born in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa or United States of America, you are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements set by the University.
Applicants are required to provide evidence of completion of:
- a secondary qualification (Year 11 and 12, or equivalent), or
- tertiary diploma level qualification, or
- bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 2 years full time with a minimum overall GPA 4.0
completed within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland, or United States of America, which will meet the English proficiency.
If you do not satisfy any of the above, you will need to undertake an English language proficiency test and achieve the following scores:
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) overall band score of at least 6.0 overall with a minimum 5.5 in each subset; or
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – Requires 550 or better overall and minimum TWE score of 4.5 (Paper Based Test), or 75 or better overall and no score less than 17 (Internet Based Test); or
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) – Requires an overall score of 54 with no sub-score less than 46; or
- An Occupational English Test with Grades A or B only in each of the four components; or
- Cambridge Certificate in advanced English (CAE) – Score of 180 or above; or
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English – Score of 200 or above; or
- Combined Universities Language Test (CULT) – 70% with no individual component score of less than 15.
English test results remain valid for no more than two years between final examination date and the date of commencement of study, and must appear on a single result certificate.
Domestic – While there are no course pre-requisites, Senior English, Senior Science and Senior Mathematics are strongly recommended. Students without Senior English, Senior Science and Senior Mathematics are strongly recommended to undertake one of the following access courses:
- Skills for Tertiary Education Preparatory Studies (STEPS)
- Tertiary Entry Program (TEP)
Barton Community College – Occupational Safety and Health (O.S.H.) Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree
This degree is available completely online or via evening classes, to help safety-minded individuals further develop skills and advance their careers.
The degree is 64 credit hours which can be completed in one year if a student maintains an aggressive course load and takes advantage of accelerated online sessions starting mid-semester. Students pursuing the A.A.S. will also earn an 18-hour certificate in occupational safety and health in the process. The certificate is available as a standalone program as well.
The program is guided by an advisory board that includes business and industry executives as well as government safety officials.
For more information, contact Director of Occupational Safety and Health Programs Brandon Green at email@example.com or (785) 238-8550 Extension 735.
Columbia Southern University – Associate of Science in Occupational Safety and Health
The Associate of Science in Occupational Safety and Health degree program provides students with a flexible, relevant, and current curriculum that includes opportunities for students to demonstrate a depth and breadth of knowledge in safety and health theory and technology necessary to function at the safety and health technician level in industry.
Upon completion of the program, students should be able to do the following:
- Explain basic workplace hazard analysis and control technologies and processes.
- Identify laws, regulations, and standards that apply to the field of occupational safety and health.
- Apply safety and health-related theory and technology to real-world situations.
- Examine the role of the safety and health technician within the organization and industry.
Here are three (3) locations you can enroll for online associates degree in occupational health and safety.
You can list other schools which you know of, we will be happy to update this post with your contributions.
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health, Safety and Environment platform. It is packaged for knowledge enhancement through continuous learning.
You can also partner with us to showcase your services – Training, safety equipment sales, job opportunities, etc.
We will be happy to be of service to you.