ISO 9001:2015 sets out the criteria for a quality management system and is the only standard in the family that can be certified to (although this is not a requirement). It can be used by any organization, large or small, regardless of its field of activity. In fact, there are over one million companies and organizations in over 170 countries certified to ISO 9001.
This standard is based on a number of quality management principles including a strong customer focus, the motivation and implication of top management, the process approach and continual improvement.
5 Reasons why HSE Professionals need ISO 9001 Lead Auditor’s Certification
- It widens your professional scope: HSE Personnel can work as quality control officer. Also business needs ISO more than the OHSAS even as requirement for their roles. So instead of being just a HSE Professional, you will be a QHSE professional.
- It will boost your chance of employment, either as a HSE Personnel, a Quality Management Personnel or a merger of the two duties depending on the organization.
- Being a QHSE Personnel means better pay.
- With the ISO 9001 Lead Auditor’s Certification, you can work as a private consultant. Auditing the Quality Management System of Organizations for a good pay.
- The ISO 9001 used almost the same frame-work as OHSAS 18001, hence the idea will be invaluable in Auditing Occupational Health and Safety System. Though OHSAS 18001 is being replaced by ISO 45001, this will not squash the whole system framework, it’s just a modification. Hence the ISO 9001 Knowledge will still be valid.
In conclusion, ISO 9001 provides you with new knowledge, builds up your personal competence and provides the possibility to have a new job opportunity or to get you extra money when working as a subcontractor.
If you are a HSE Professional and you need to widen your scope, get entitled to a better pay or work as a Quality Management Consultant, enroll for ISO 9001 Lead Auditors Course and get certified.
You will be happy you did.