HSE/SA Managment System Specialist United States – ABB
Publication ID: US57253775_E4
Who will be reporting to the GF-SA (Group Function Sustainability) Management Systems Manager, the HSE/SA Management System Specialist will be responsible for coordinating and controlling the development and availability of the system, as well as supporting the ABB business and HSE/SA communities, guiding and serving them in the implementation of management systems best practices.
As a member of the ABB Way Core Team, the HSE/SA Management System Specialist will have a crucial role in continuous improvement of critical aspects and assuring management system conformance using standardized tools, such as Intelex. Document control, strategic alignment, system cross referencing and enhancement of existing applications and processes will be an active part of the day-to-day activities.
• Develop, communicate and distribute documentation and training packages to Responsible Managers, HSE/SA (Health, Safety, Environment/ Sustainability) Support, HSE/SA Specialists and Implementers.
• Participate in the establishment and enhancement of processes related to the ABB Way and Integrated Management Systems (IMS), including management review.
• Train, coach and support the ABB HSE/SA community and local businesses in the implementation of Management System principles, best practices and best-in-class tools to assure conformance to the ABB Way.
• Stay current with the evolving ABB HSE/SA requirements/ tools and actively inform and assist businesses with alignment to these requirements.
• Support businesses on comprehensive implementation plans during migration of their established processes, manuals and procedures into the ABB Way and Intelex management information system (MIS).
• Evaluate business maturity to propose improvement activities related to the implementation of a Management System and abiding to the intent of ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and, possibly ISO 9001 and ISO 50001 standards.
• Provide functional support for the Sustainability Inside+ portal and relevant MIS modules, including the compliance management module.
• Collaborate effectively with ABB HSE/SA community, ABB Group, ABB Information Systems and other stakeholders.
• Gather user feedback on established mandatory HSE/SA tools and processes and continually improve and lean these processes where realistically applicable.
• Bachelor Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environment or pertinent certification and 10 years of Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) experience.
• A thorough understanding of HSE management systems pitfalls with the ability to quickly and effectively influence key HSE/SA stakeholders toward the implementation of best practices and effective solutions.
• Genuine interest in HSE management systems and strong knowledge of ISO 14001 and ISO 45001; ISO 9001 and ISO 50001 is a plus.
• Management system implementation and maintenance experience desired.
• Strong knowledge of ABB’s HSE/SA processes, culture(s), and dynamic organizational structure.
• Excellent computer skills (MS Excel, Word, Power Point, Project, Visio, proprietary web based data banks, etc.).
• Strong knowledge of ABB tools, i.e. Intelex, 3E Online, (Inside+ content management system, Sitefinity, a plus).
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; able to explain complex concepts.
• Adept at strategic thinking – look for solutions outside the box, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent coaching skills.
• Capable of working and delivering in a complex working environment and under pressure.
• Strong and swift capability of adapting to new processes or situations.
• Team player.
• Self-directed professional.
• Patient, calm, firm and determined.
• HSE auditing accreditation very beneficial (ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001) or similar.
• Safety Professional accreditations (NEBOSH, CRSP, CSP, CIH, etc.) a plus.