HSE Manager Egypt – Alpla Group
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Conduct annual plan & budget for the Occupational Health, Safety & Environment Management System and high protection risk program.
- Provide all levels of management with the services and technical advice needed for proper administration of health, safety and environmental programs.
- Develop programs, and technical guidance and maintain appropriate level of awareness to identify and remove physical, chemical & biological hazards and potential risk from the operations’ sites.
- Identify safety & health training programs for all plant employees and supervisors. Promote a culture that prioritizes effective HSE and reduces overall associated risks and costs.
- Review internal HSE policies and practices to ensure they are up to date and appropriate; conduct hazard and risk assessments and change existing, or develop new recommendations from these assessment.
- Provide regular written reports, as well as other related results and updates to HSE to the management team.
- Recommend disciplinary actions for repeated violations of health and safety rules.
- Maintain the state health and safety posters, emergency telephone numbers, also ensures this information is posted and placed in appropriate places where it can be seen by all staff.
- Develop and maintain accidents and incidents investigations. Investigates serious or reportable accidents and take action to eliminate accident causes.
- Report accidents consisting of fatalities, lost working day cases, and first-aid cases requiring medical treatment. Keep management informed of findings and implement corrective actions related to incident and ensure “lessons learned” are communicated throughout the company and are understood a..
- Report to management the results of the occupational health accidents.
- Establish and implement a preventive Health program including measurements and tests for the most frequent diseases.
- Conduct inspections to identify unhealthy, or unsafe conditions or work practices, and prepare written reports of inspections.
- Review & develop the risk assessment for all specific jobs inside the plant for routine and non-routine jobs and ensure the implementation of the risk controls.
- Establish and maintain safety programs for contractors and ensure the implementation of the safety procedures and conduct safety meetings on monthly basis to ensure the effectiveness of the procedures.
- Follow-up contractors’ contracts conditions to ensure that the safety issues are clearly mentioned i.e. (safety elements, supervision and awareness) and that the major jobs include the risk assessment and controls.
- Review & develop the evaluation of the environmental aspects and its impact on the facilities through the environmental measurements and ensure the implementation of the environmental programs that can reduce the impact and improve the environment.
- Follow-up the control of wastes, emissions, hazards, and other aspects in accordance with legal and other requirements and ensure the implementation of the corrective actions and report the non-conformities to management.
- Maintain and ensure the implementation and effectiveness of the environmental management system ISO 14001, and take the necessary actions to keep the system running effectively.
- Conduct an evaluation for all plant areas, evaluate the fire risk to identify the suitable fire protection system, firefighting water network for the whole plant, fire suitable manual extinguisher to be distributed to all plant areas according to the type and capacity.
- Maintain and ensure the effectiveness of the fire protection system through monthly check-up and inspection for all firefighting devices to keep them in good conditions, accessible and effective.
- Establish an emergency plan and its procedures, and ensure that the emergency team has received the proper training and awareness.
Your competencies and qualifications
- Job holder must have University degree with more than 10 years of experience in HSE field including best practices, legislation, regulation and guidelines.
- Good command of English Language.
- Competent in Microsoft Office.
- Good communication skills, ability to lead others and train others in a teamwork effort.
- Able to take decisions and act as a role model in regards to HSE.
- Safety, health and environment programs.
- ISO 9000-2000 requirement and audits.
- ISO 14001 requirement and audits.
- OSHAS 18001 requirements and audits.
- Risk management.
Hend Marei, Human Resources
ALPLA Egypt Plastics S.A.E
Industrial Zone A6, Al Sharqia Governorate, 44629 10th of Ramadan City, Egypt.
Other Suggested Jobs