HSE Manager BIA Benelux
What are our expectations?
Directly reporting to General Manager BIA Benelux and reporting at the functional level to HSE manager BIA Group, the key functions of this position are:
- Implement the BIA HSE policy and HSE system into the different workshops and warehouse of BIA BNL (Belgium and The Netherlands)
- Enhance permanently the HSE culture into the company
- Increase the prevention culture HSE ZERO ACCIDENTS
How do you proceed?
1. Risk assessment
- Update the risk assessment and hazards identification twice a year, for each semester.
- Insure that control measures are smarts, sufficient and necessary
- Insure the quality of all site specific risk assessments activities and tasks.
- Insure that out comings of risk assessments are understood and dually communicated to the site management team
2. Legal compliance
- Identify all applicable legal requirements as well as other HSE regulation texts
- Check periodically the legal compliance as well as other applicable regulations
- Implement and maintain all necessary tools and actions for legal conformity and compliance.
- Elaborate a comprehensive training matrix including liaising with the categories and periodicity.
- Do the HSE trainings and sensitizations
- Induction for all new comers on site BNL
- Insure that the training program is implemented followed up on a monthly basis
4. HSE system
- Insure the JHA (Job hazards analyses) are dually done for all special tasks, and control measures implemented before the job realization.
- Liaise with the team during elaboration of SOP for all hazardous activities.
- Insure that SOPs are periodically revised
- Train everyone on the SOPs
- Ensure the design of identification and synthesis sheets for tools / equipment and chemicals, and ensure their implementation and availability for all.
- Ensure the reporting of accidents / incidents at work, conduct investigations, analyze causes and participate in the definition of corrective and preventive actions and evaluate their effectiveness
- Insure the respect of the client exigences and procedures
- Insure that weekly inspections are done and action plans implemented
- Liaise with the client HSE and communicate with the management on their evolution
- Implement the safety management plan and / or the workshop manual on the mining / workshop site and report the progress to the HSE Manager BIA Group
- Develop and implement the annual HSE plan
- Make a regular follow up of the site performances
- Analyze KPIs and come up with action plans
- Send the weekly report to the HSE regional manager
6. Emmergency plan
- Ensure periodic emergency drills, report and implement improvements
- Insure that staff are trained in emergency preparedness
Write or adapt an emergency plan for the site
- Manage documentation accordingly to the BIA procedure
- Stop all activities if safety of the staff is not garantied
8. Quality system management ISO 9001
- Identify and establish processes, procedures and instructions in line with the requirement of the Quality
- Ensure the compliance of SMQ with the norm ISO 9001
- Establish and measure continuous improvement goals and objectives.
- Manage an effective Customer Complaint resolution system.
- Ensure the execution of customer satisfaction survey, carry out analysis and ensure implementation of corrective actions
What are the requested skills?
- You have a master’s degree in mechanics, electro-mechanics or equivalent level thanks to the experience of at least 5 years
- You have a good knowledge of Dutch, French and English
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint)
- In possession of a Level 1 or Level 2 Advisor Prevention
- Knowledge of standard OHSAS 18001 / VCA standards
- Safety experience in inspections of lifting equipment
- Working at height safety experience
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of compliance
- Good knowledge on risk assessment methodology
- Knowledge in emergency preparedness
- Your personal qualities: analysis and synthesis, customer orientation, autonomy, proactive, sense of communication and animation, sense of organization, openness and flexibility, team spirit
- A permanent contract
- Cooperate in a team with experienced and passionate colleagues
- Exciting fieldwork in a fast-growing company
- A competitive salary and an interesting package of extra-legal benefits