HSE Field Coordinator CDN Controls Ltd. Canada
Location: Grande Prairie, Alberta
Industry: Oil & Energy, Construction
Employment type: Full-time
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of HSE experience and be NCSO accredited. In addition the ideal candidate must have the ability to work a 10/4 and travel as needed.
Essential Duties & Requirements:
- Delivery of an integrated Occupational, Health Safety and Environmental Program at the worksites and field services divisions.
- Facilitate worksite safety meetings, training drills and conduct worksite HSE observations/audits and inspections.
- Provide assistance with incident investigations and reporting.
- Transfer all HSE field level documentation between site crews, head office operations and various regional offices.
- Assist the Senior HSE Manager with the annual internal maintenance audits at worksite locations.
- Ensure all supervisors/foreman receive current and updated electronic and hard copy data for distribution to the worksites.
- Ensure that legislation, GHS Safety Data Sheets are kept up to date at the worksites for all divisions.
- Provide guidance to all of the employees with HSE documentation procedures and inform them of new legislation and OHS regulations.
- Provide worksite specific orientations as required for client representatives, sub-contractors, visitors and industry representatives attending the worksites.
- Provides site representation to projects requiring additional monitoring for critical high hazard or environmentally sensitive worksites.
- Establish site-specific safety and environmental plans, confined space entry permits and plans, bore hole breach contingency plans and traffic control plans with third party contractors, as required on worksites.
- Assist with monthly crew tool and equipment inventory checks and safety equipment inventory.
- Perform safety equipment checks and replenish supplies as needed for; first aid kits, spill kits, fire extinguishers and fire protection equipment.
- Attend operations meetings to ensure upcoming project safety and environmental requirements are in place.
- Assist with quarterly training schedules for all divisions and crews.
- Perform regular worksite field HSE observations and verifications with crews, PPE, HSE documentation, tools and equipment, daily and weekly equipment checks, safety equipment, hazard assessments, scope of work and hazard controls prioritized accordingly to OHS legislation standards.
- Verification of trade competency performance assessments with the supervisors/foreman.
- Ensure that all Emergency Response Plans are coordinated, reviewed and documented to completion.
- Research OHS regulations, client directives, client construction standards and procedures, and industry best practices to ensure employees will be provided with a safety and environmental management system that provides quality assurance and compliance in all divisions and operation areas.
- Support the return to work program and process, if required.
- Ensure that HSE Management and Project Management are kept informed of HSE issues in a timely manner.
- Help develop protocols for field HSE Audits.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to address HSE related issues.
- Support field staff in safe operations that meet regulatory requirements
- Must be in good physical and mental health with great manual dexterity and assertive cognitive recognition for visual inspection to detail skills
- NCSO accredited
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience with safety
- Valid class 5 license and a clean driver abstract
- Valid H2S, First Aid Level C CPR & AED, CSTS, eGSO
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to work in a team environment.