HSE Advisor (PPS) United Arab Emirates
- Job Title: HSE Advisor (PPS)
- Category: HSE / Safety
- Job Category: Nuclear
- Industry: Nuclear
- Languages Required: English
- Poster’s code: BRI
- Location, City/Country: Masdar – Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Status: Contract Hire
- Contract Duration: 1 year (Renewable)
Work Schedule: Resident,5 days per week
Provide advisory support to the ENEC DCEO in regard to his accountability for ENEC Strategic Goal: Guarantee Project Delivery and his portfolio of work in CPO, PPS, and Security, with a specific focus on health, safety and environmental leadership and the systematic improvement to the culture of safety for the BNPP project.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
Compile supporting information and advise on appropriate standards and good practice in relation to establishing a world class HSE system.
Review and analyse potential HSE system concerns, risks and issues as advised by the CEO/DCEO, and provide viewpoints and reports against these .
Recommend areas for further investigation based on industry best practice.
Activity: HSE Practices and Performance
- Compile supporting information and advise on appropriate benchmarks, operating experience ,and good practice in relation to industrial HSE practice and performance .
- Review and analyse potential performance and compliance concerns, risks and issues as advised by the DCEO, and provide viewpoints and reports against these .
- Devise and plan appropriate inspection and walk-down regimes and protocols and assist the internal and partner HSE teams to implement these.
Activity : HSE Leadership
- Develop and lead HSE leadership workshops, ensuring the appropriate attendance and contribution by safety leaders.
- Coach and mentor the Executive Director HSE, Project HSE Director,their direct reports and the ENEC Executive, to drive individual and business performance .
- Support development plans for the ENEC executive in relation to HSE performance .
Activity : DCEO Support
- Provide independent HSE advisor role at appropriate meetings as advised by the DCEO.
- Hold periodic HSE Assurance meetings with the HSE leadership ,reporting through the DCEO Office Program Assurance processes.
- Prepare HSE and industrial safety advisory statements and papers to support DCEO attended working groups, committees and boards.
Activity: Stakeholder Management
- Consult and inform the ENEC CNO on HSE issues that may have an impact on nuclear safety.
- Consult and inform the DCEO Program Manager and the team of Assurance Managers on matters relating to the assurance activities of the DCEO portfolio.
Activity: Excellence & Quality Management
- Ensure commitment to culture of excellence and Quality Management by implementing best practices,complying with excellence requirements in terms of policies, procedures and systems, and exceeding stakeholders expectations.
Activity: People Management
- Manage the effective achievement of organization’s objectives by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal – in order to maximize subordinate and department performance.
- Contribute to the development of UAE National employees in a manner which supports the objectives of the corporation and its Emiratization strategy.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of UAE Nationals where applicable and maximize their effective performance.
Activity : HSE, Security & Continuity of Operation
- Follow all relevant company health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and instructions to ensure HSE compliance of all aspects of work in accordance with sound management practices and procedures to self and others to take responsible care the health and safety of people, or the environment , who are at the employee’s place of work who may be affected by the employee’s acts or omissions at work.
- Follow all relevant Security policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure security compliance in all aspects of work , by applying them on individuals and information assets.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements for adherence to policies, procedures and instructions related to Crisis Management and Business Continuity in order to continue mission-critical activities
- Deep knowledge of HSE standards and regulation, especially relating to major construction projects
- Senior management coaching and mentoring.
- Safety performance management
- Hazard and risk identification
- Project management
- Work program scheduling
- Project controls
- Management of contract changes
- Risk management
Core Competencies :
- Respect for Safety and Security
- Integrity and Transpare ncy
- Communication Effectiveness
- Results Focus: Working effectively and efficiently
- Customer Focus
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Customer Oriented
- Cross-cultural skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Integrity and reliability
- Presentation skills
Bachelor’s degree in HSE, Engineering, Management or similar
Relevant Master’s degree.
- Minimum 20 years of relevant experience as Senior HSE professional.
- Minimum 5 years of executive-level coaching and mentoring.
- 5 years of experience in a senior advisory role.
- Middle East experience. Nuclear experience