Hot work clothes summarizes all the personal protective equipment needed for hot work.
Hot work is defined as cutting and welding operations for construction/demolition activities that involve the use of portable gas or arc welding equipment, or involve soldering, grinding, or any other similar activities producing a spark, flame, or heat.
Without wasting time, i will highlight the hot work clothes with standard specification:
- Welding helmet to protect against radiation, like WH-TF2414 Helmet with face shield.
- Hand shield to protect against hot slag. sparks, intense light, etc.
- Goggles to protect against radiation, flying particles, etc. Like the WG50FF welding goggle.
- Respirators to protect against fumes like the LPR-100™ Half Mask, S/M or 3M™ 8515 N95 Exhalation Valve Disposable Welding Fume Respirator Masks.
- Fire/Flame resistant clothing and aprons which protects against Protects against heat, fires, burns, radiation, etc.
- Ear muff or ear plug which will protect against noise.
- Insulated gloves to protect against electric shock, heat, burns, etc.
- Rubber soled safety shoe.