Health, Safety and Environment Director IMI Precision Engineering in Littleton – Colorado
JOB ID 2018-31448
PLATFORM IMI Precision Engineering
The role involves the provision of practical site HSE advice and management systems work. The Manager, HS&E will provide professional guidance, support and coaching to the operations, manufacturing, and human resources management on safety, health and environmental activities as dictated by local, regional, and national government safety authorities across the Americas with specific emphasis on manufacturing areas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In conjunction with IMI’s corporate HSE requirements and global strategy, create and implement HSE and RB strategy for the Americas to drive improvements in all key areas.
- Manage and oversee HSE site assessments with HSE engineering consultants as needed, liaising with IMI Group as required.
- Support and drive improvement in each plants HSE audit scores. Assessing, supporting development, and implementation of improvement activities to reach world class HSE scores in every plant in the Americas.
- As required, manage and collaborate with HSE VP on all enforcement actions, notices of violation, informal settlement agreements, administrative orders and permit agreements.
- Assist sites to identify, develop and submit all required reports to local, state and federal governmental environmental agencies.
- Develop protocols and supporting policies and procedures for all safety, health and environmental programs and systems.
- Advise senior management on the compliance status, costs and technical improvements needed to achieve compliance.
- Assess the impact of safety, health and environmental laws and regulations as they affect the company and its operations; as well as, track new regulations as they develop. Formulate and implement policies, procedures and programs for compliance.
- Represent the company on all contested enforcement actions, citations, informal conferences and settlement agreements.
- Monitor legal requirements in all relevant territories and implement policies and initiatives to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Advise senior management on the compliance status, costs and improvements on a regular basis.
- Create and disseminate HSE metrics on a monthly basis. Provide information as necessary to the Europe director /Global HSE VP and IMI’s Group Risk Management Department as required.
- Implement and maintain HSE management systems including, as appropriate, ISO 14000 Environmental Management Systems and OHSAS 18001 Safety Management Systems.
- Lead or participate in accident/incident investigations and the development of recommendations/actions to prevent a recurrence.
- Ensure all sites respond and report all workplace injuries in a timely fashion. Must develop detailed reporting based on root cause analysis, detailing courses of action in response to injuries, notification to IMI management as appropriate and governmental agencies when required.
- Develop and deliver appropriate training programs that aligned with regulatory requirements in all countries in which we operate.
- Take the lead on matters concerning Responsible Business (Corporate Sustainability). Inclusive in this is managing the reporting required in the areas of energy efficiency, customer engagement, supplier risk management, and health safety environmental. Ensure all monthly reporting of HSE and RB requirements are submitted in a timely fashion.
- Conduct EH&S audits and report results on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University and one to two years related experience
- Extensive experience of developing and implementing HSE management systems in a multi-national organization.
- HSE auditing experience across multiple facilities.
- Background in large, complex, global organizations with success driven by leading-edge technology in HSE issues.
COMPUTERS AND TECHNOLOGY
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, performance management, coaching, supervision, fostering teamwork, training and development of one or more employees.