NIOSH has launched a software platform designed to chart emergency responder and recovery worker safety and health before, during and after providing aid to natural disasters victims or other public health emergencies.
The Emergency Responder Health Monitoring and Surveillance Info Manager will assists in the automation of data collection, analysis and reporting. This will help decrease the time required to identify causes, determine risk factors and inform implementation of appropriate interventions” for emergency responders, according to NIOSH.
Using data management technology from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, ERHMS (Emergency Responder Health Monitoring and Surveillance) Info Manager allows users to:
- Develop responder profiles.
- Record response incidents and map incident locations.
- Assign responders to incident rosters.
- Create forms and surveys from custom and established templates.
- Request responder information using forms and surveys.
- View and analyze form and survey responses.
NIOSH recommends the free software for all workers involved in emergency responder deployment and protection, including incident command staff; response organization leadership; health, safety and medical personnel; and emergency responders themselves.
Source: Safety + Health Magazine