The one and most effective way to Care for the eyes is to protect it from anything that can cause harm to your eyes.
The eye is one of the most important but delicate organ in the body. Since it is to important and delicate it must be handled with care.
Many eye diseases have no early symptoms. They may be painless, and you may see no change in your vision until the disease has become quite advanced.
To protect your vision you should undergo regular professional eye examinations and adopt safe precautions.
To ensure the safety of your eyes, here are the things you should not do and other things you should do:
At the end of this article, you will see 22 important precautions you could adopt to care for the eyes.
22 Amazing Precautions To Care For The Eyes
- Avoid smoking.
- Do not expose your eye to too much ultraviolet rays.
- Do not put dirty hands or materials into your eye.
- Do not allow your eye to be treated by a non-specialized personnel.
- Do not use orthodox recommendations that have not been medically proven.
- Do not expose your eyes when carrying out hazardous tasks.
- Do not fix your eye too long on the display screen; if possible use screen guard. You can also look away from the screen intermittently for the eye to recover (To avoid fatigue).
- Do not read in under poor illumination.
- Cucumber slice is recommended to be placed on your eye for about 10 minutes before going to sleep.
- Do not ignore family history pertaining to eye problem.
- Do not sleep with your eye make-up like mascara or eyeliner.
- Exercise regularly.
- Do not ignore food that could contribute to your eye health.
- Never sleep with your contact lens, except it is based on prescription.
- Do not create too much sleep debt as much as possible (Get enough sleep).
- Do not eat indiscriminately as diet related sickness like diabetes could affect the eye negatively.
- Exercise regularly.
- Keep your eyes clean; clean water is recommended for that.
- Drink enough water.
- Do not rub your eyes when something gets inside. Instead wash your eye with clean water. To wash; open your eye into a bowl of water for the debris to go out.
- Do not share glasses.
- Ensure regular eye checks for early detection.
To Protect Your Eyes:
- Make sure your glasses or contacts prescription is up to date and good for looking at a computer screen.
- If your eye strain won’t go away, talk to your doctor about computer glasses.
- Move the screen so your eyes are level with the top of the monitor. That lets you look slightly down at the screen.
- Try to avoid glare from windows and lights. Use an anti-glare screen if needed.
- Choose a comfortable, supportive chair. Position it so that your feet are flat on the floor.
- If your eyes are dry, blink more or try using artificial tears.
- Rest your eyes every 20 minutes. Look 20 feet away for 20 seconds. Get up at least every 2 hours and take a 15-minute break.