The Road Safety Coordinator will assist the Logistics Manager in the management of Road Safety issues in the Plant operations and distribution activities to achieve an effective and sustainable safety culture and performance in the Company Logistics. The performance in this role will help achieve the required compliance level to the Transport advisories requirements.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Assist the Logistics Manager in the implementation of the five (5) pillars for road safety management in the whole distribution chain
- Organize monthly safety meetings with Road Transport contractors and drivers on safety performance and advisories compliance issues
- Conduct Toolbox talks or ensure they are communicated to all staff and contractors’ drivers. Discuss all learning from BU and Group incidents with contractors/drivers and follow-up on remedial actions
- Be the custodian of the Hazard register of the road transport operations and Monitor implementation of the remedial actions from the Transport safety cases
- Conduct quarterly audit of Road Transport contractors
- Champion the Road Safety related Near Misses reporting and follow-up program and compile the Road safety performance (Safety KPIs) of the BU
- Other related duties as may be assigned by the Logistics Manager, BU Safety Manager or incidental to the above
- First degree in Engineering
- Health & Safety management with not less than 4 years experience.
- Good supervisory and people management skills.
- Computer literacy in general and in particular familiarity with MS Office particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint is essential
- Good communication skills
How to Apply
Submit an updated copy of your CV and personal details online