Project Manager London Strand
London – Strand, United Kingdom
Skillpool group: Information Technology
Reference ID: 54606BR
Deadline: 20 August, 2017
e believe that oil and gas will remain a vital part of the global energy mix for many decades to come. Our role is to ensure that we extract and deliver these energy resources profitably and in environmentally and socially responsible ways.
We aim to work closely with our customers, our partners and policymakers to advance a more efficient and sustainable use of energy and natural resources.
The Shell Downstream I.T. EPF (ERP, Portfolio and Functions) Organisation is responsible for managing DSIT ERP platforms (including DS GSAP), Downstream Functions applications and for delivering IT change associated with Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestments.
The EPF Programme Directorate is the project/programme delivery organisation responsible for the successful delivery of projects associated with this exciting portfolio. Project Managers partner with Business stakeholders to confirm project Scope, deliver IT Build and Test activities (through IT Competence Centres) and manage the successful Cutover, Business Change and Go-Live of projects to approved Schedule, Budget and Scope. Projects range from minor enhancements to ERP platforms or Functions applications, to large-scale IT projects, and can be delivered via traditional Waterfall or Agile / EDGE project delivery methodologies.
This position will lead large high-risk projects requiring focus on stakeholder partnership, strategic planning, return on investment, and business outcome attainment while growing the capabilities and effectiveness of your team. This position has the following accountabilities:
- Plan, execute, monitor, control, and close all aspects of the project lifecycle.
- Rigorously manage scope through a structured change management process to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed time, cost, and quality parameters with focus on delivering the business benefits.
- Create and validate financial forecasts and provide ongoing reconciliation of resources and expenditures. Use creative costing and business models to capitalize on greater leverage power.
- Ensure appropriate stakeholder change and communication plans and engagements are developed and executed so that stakeholders are fully prepared to exploit the new operational business environment once it is in place.
- Partner with business stakeholders to validate the project’s strategic business case, define success metrics and criteria, and to identify, measure, and sustain planned vs. achieved benefits. Proactively look for additional benefits to be delivered by taking advantage of systems, processes, and data already in place or being deployed.
- Apply Shell project management and IT control/assurance methodologies, standards and processes including architecture, information risk management, and transition to support.
- Create a motivated high-performing team through team building, information sharing, workload management, and appropriate recognition. Develop the skills of team members through coaching and delegation.
- Establish and maintain appropriate and effective Governance structures and procedures to obtain resources, drive decisions, resolve issues, and deliver project objectives.
- Identify and address the major factors, assumptions and risks (including technical, business, adoption, organizational, government, cultural, etc.) that may influence project direction and success. As parameters and external influences change, adjust the project approach to improve the delivery of intended benefits.
- Champion the development of long-term Project Management capability within Shell through bringing external perspectives, identifying and promoting best practices, coaching others on advanced skills, and contributing to community building.
- Typical Experience: 8-11 years in IT with 6+ years of experience in establishing and delivering progressively larger and more complex projects
- Proven track record experience delivering projects of $5m+ that can demonstrate significant complexity in their delivery
- Typical Programme Size: 20 FTE
- A 4-year degree in IT or a related field
- Professional certifications related to project or programme management (e.g. PMP, MSP, PgMP).
- Demonstrated learning agility in ambiguous and unfamiliar situations
- Very strong stakeholder management skills, including coaching senior stakeholders, managing governance bodies, and creating executive-level communications
- Advanced skills in business cases, financial management, and strategic thinking.