- Job title: Offshore HSE Advisor
- Vacancy number: PUB123109
- Location: Houston
- Application Closing date: Tuesday, July 4, 2017
Brunel Energy is recruiting a part time Offshore HSE Advisor as a floater to fill in vacation/sick leaves on an Offshore Flotel servicing one of the world’s most lucrative Oil and Gas Corporation. Potential part time to full time hire.
The main function of the HSE Advisor/Specialist will be to provide health and safety support to the Operations, Commissioning and Maintenance Teams.
– Safe Operations
– Develop and facilitate the development of standards, procedures, and Safe Work Practices and provide in-field coaching and training to operations, maintenance and commissioning personnel on Safe Work Practices.
– Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to improve capabilities and capacity in areas such as – Safe Work Permitting, Control of Hazardous Energy, Job Safety Analysis development, Behavior – Based Observations and Field Level Hazard Assessments.
– Ensure that systems, processes, programs, tools and controls are applied consistently across teams throughout the organization.
– Participate in health and safety planning, development and implementation of processes to achieve organization requirements
– Make recommendations for improvements to procedures and safe work practices.
– Participate in the Pre Startup Safety Review processes.
– Risk Assessment and Management.
– Review, audit and analyze data and provide recommendations to mitigate risk to the organization.
– Participate in all levels of risk analysis and provide coaching ie: JSA development, HAZOP.
– Contribute to the development and implementation of appropriate proactive and leading project safety metrics. – Emergency Response.
– Participate in all levels of emergency response planning and training, as required.
– Personnel Competency and Training.
– Participate in periodic audits of organizations that provide employees and services.
– Leading, facilitating, or participating in incident investigations for commissioning, maintenance, and operations.
– Assist in the management of workplace injuries and illnesses cases as required.
– Information, Documentation and Effective Communication.
– Developing and distributing relevant safety communications material to Sunrise District operations personnel and the contractors.
– Communicate a clear vision that generates commitment and support from all employees and proactively develop and promote a strong safety culture. – Contracting Services and Materials.
– Participate in the contractor performance evaluation and ongoing Safety Management system audits and assessments.
– Support the transition of new contractors, and liaise with contractors on site to support their success.
– Contribute, as required, to the preparation of monthly and quarterly Sunrise Program and Oil.
– Passion for Safety Excellence
– Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and Power Point
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills – Leadership skills
– Strong analytical skills with a sound understanding of root cause analysis – Strong ability to work independently.
–Need 3-5 years of experience and must have offshore; oil and gas experience, drillship experience a plus
–Need Coast Guard clearance
–Deepwater experience is a plus
– Minimum of 2-4 years direct field experience in oil and gas
– Demonstrated understanding of Occupational Health & Safety legislation / regulations
– NCSO designation or post secondary certificate, diploma in related field – CSTS
Contract Hire (18 months) 14 x 14 Potential Part Time to Full time. Extremely competitive wages and benefit package
Register and apply on the recruiters website here