Upstream Health Manager Shell Petroleum Malaysia
Job Ref.: 65465BR
Shell is the petroleum retail market leader in Malaysia, catering to one-third of Peninsular Malaysia and half of Sabah and Sarawak’s market requirements. We employ 6,500 people in Malaysia. We seek a long-term presence in Malaysia and invest heavily in our employees. Our industry-leading development career programme attests to that. Your ideas will travel at Shell, and your drive and commitment will be rewarded. Our commercial gas-to-liquids plant in Bintulu, our refinery in Port Dickson and our Projects and Technology office in Kuala Lumpur, that offers projects and business solutions, offer a great variety of jobs.
- Provide leadership and management for SMEP health team supporting upstream business to enable the provision occupational health , wellness and occupational hygiene, either directly or through third party contracts managed by Shell Health.
- Delivers agreed Health services as described in year plan to SMEP using standardised tools and processes
- Investigate Health related incident and support then investigation of other incident that occurred in SMEP either involve employees or contractors.
- Provide Health Support to project in ensuring that health Control Framework and legal requirement are complied
- Work with businesses to implement and maintain the Shell HSSE Control Framework and related Group standards, the SMEP procedures and processes in a cost-effective manner and in compliance with national legislation.
- Monitor health and identify performance improvement opportunities through audit and assurance, incident reviews and health performance monitoring within SMEP.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skillsThe professional and personal stature to interface with, and influence, a wide variety of contacts, incl. senior management, staff council, contractors, other health and HSE professionals, and stakeholders such as health authorities, NGO’s and local communities.
- A sound knowledge of occupational and environmental health issues, relevant to the customer base.
- Recognised Medical Degree with full registration with Malaysian Medical Council (MMC)
- At least 5 years post certification experience in occupational health
- Experience in oil and gas industry especially in Upstream activities is advantageous
- Analytical skills – dealing with data and evaluations; identifying and reporting risk issues
- Strong customer focus
- Fluency in English