Technical Safety Engineer Job in Houston – Shell
Job Ref: 122718BR
Location: Houston, TX – United States
Job Type: Full Time
This position will provide Technical Safety Engineering (TSE) support to all Shell businesses as well as JV and Third party support as needed. In addition, this position will provide specialty Facility Siting support worldwide.
Activities for the position include the provision of expert technical safety reviews for existing facilities & new projects in all Shell businesses, collaboration with wider PTS/S team on a wide range of Technical and Operational Safety support, delivery of technical safety training to multinational customers.
- Support execution of the Shell’s occupied building Facility Siting Program.
- Execute Consequence Modeling and Quantitative Risk Assessments for the various Shell businesses;
- Application of technical safety expertise and tools to a wide range of issues from new projects, modifications, and existing operational assets across the Shell businesses.
- Provide coaching and guidance to site personnel and team members to develop TSE competencies.
- Plan/Organize/Review/Lead safety risk assessment studies: Quantitative Risk assessments (QRAs), Facility Siting/Layout Studies, and Physical Effects Modeling.
- Deliver Shell technical safety discipline training courses to multinational audiences
- Support “fit-for-purpose” implementation of HSSE & SP Control Framework, applicable Technical Safety and business-specific Standards.
- Participate as needed on the extended teams / sub-committees / SME networks on behalf of the global Process Safety Support Team
- Participate in wider MHM skill pool discussions/initiatives as required
- Build external networks with Universities and Industry Associations
- Maintain a high level of personal competence in the expertise area
- Comply with the P&T Business Management System (development of project budgeting & scheduling, quality assurance, etc), P&T Quality Manual, and HSE-MS.
- Degree in a scientific or engineering discipline, preferably Chemical Engineering or Process Safety.
- Minimum of 5 years oil & gas industry experience in technical safety roles, with exposure to Major Hazards Management (fire, explosion, dispersion)
- Skilled inconsequence modeling (Explosion and Dispersion)
- Deep technical understanding of hazard identification, consequence, and risk assessment models
- Experience applying API RP-752 Facility Siting methodology to downstream manufacturing facilities.
- Successful completion of TSE101.
- Proven ability to transfer knowledge and stay aware of current trends and advancements.
- Familiarity in the practical application of the HSE Management System (particularly AIPSM and Risk Management to ALARP).
- Working knowledge of HSE management system industry codes and standards
- Strong communication and reporting skills are essential, as is fluency in written and spoken English.
How to Apply
If your qualification meets the requirement for the job, follow the link below to apply on the company’s website.
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE news.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you