Superintendent – Safety & Security Job in USA with Total
Offer ID: 26020BR
Métier: Safety, Security
Employment type: Regular position
Experience level required: 15 – 20 years
Branch: Refining & Chemicals
Job Expires: 19-Feb-2020
- Develop new and drive existing safety initiatives to achieve excellent safety performance for the site
- Develop and maintain refinery emergency response teams
- Develop and administer the Safety Department budget and daily department activities
- Develop and maintain quality safety process and procedures for the site. Responsible for developing, maintaining, and implementing reporting to refinery management on the performance of the Maestro Management System and VPP.
- Develop and execute safety plans for refinery turnarounds and capital projects and participate on turnaround and capital project planning teams
- Ensure that regulatory and Company HSS directives, rules, guidelines and requirements are implemented
- Ensure adequate and reliable systems are functional for fire detection and protection of refinery assets.
- Manage incident reporting, investigation, analysis, monthly KPIs and reporting
- DOT compliance oversight for transportation and pipelines
- Serve on all emergency response teams as Fire Chief or Field Incident Command; serve as Offsite Response Advisor for transportation emergencies. Serve in crisis management program development and crisis management functions.
- Coordinate, develop and execute the risk assessment process for safe work
- Safety Advisor to management and employees on recognition, evaluation, and control of hazards
- Administer refinery Major Work Policy and work closely with contractors to ensure safe work practices
- Oversee the development of refinery security processes and procedures
- Coordinate internal and external safety audits for the refinery; participate on technical reviews as required
Context and environment
- Interface with all levels of refinery staff including: operations, facility development, capital, turnaround, maintenance, and engineering staff to maintain refinery safety and security systems and information
- Interface with local stakeholders and government officials including, local, state, and federal, Coast Guard, OSHA, LEPC, OEM, GLO, EPA, and others depending on situations or issues.
- Interface with all levels of Total HSSE
- Position requires excellent supervisory, communication, and inter-departmental work relationships to ensure company and regulatory requirements are met for current and future operations and the safety and security of the site is maintained.
- Interaction with/and oversight of vendors is required to ensure work is done accurately within budget and schedule
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, or Health & Safety Management
- At least 15 years of refining or chemical industry experience with a minimum of 10 years HSS experience with at least 5 years of experience supervising safety professionals.
- Certified Safety Professional. Emergency response and firefighting experience required.
- This position requires a thorough knowledge of risk management concept
- Facilitation skills, strong communication skills, team player, self-motivated. Ability to respond to the plant 24/7.
- Project Management skills – ability to layout and run multi-year compliance improvement projects
- TWIC Credentials, knowledge of water front operations, NIMS, VPP, auditing, program development, and presentation skills are additional desired attributes.
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.