SSHE Regulatory Advisor Job in Shanghai
Job Role Summary
Provides ERS support to operating assets (e.g. refinery, chemical or lubricant plant facilities or units (e.g. coking or butyl polymers), distribution or pipeline facility, production facility or marketing business unit) and or project. The ERS “Advisor” role is structured to help build a professional foundation and promote rapid skill development while contributing to business results. ERS advisors will focus on building core expertise in environmental compliance and regulatory standards while interfacing and building relationships with internal customers (e.g. operations or marketing), internal partners (e.g. engineering or project disciplines) and external partners (contractors and regulatory agencies) in alignment with business need.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Understand applicable regulations impacting customer (e.g. Operations, Marketing or Projects) and work to implement cost effective solutions that ensure compliance.
- Support environmental business planning, permitting and (if applicable), environmental and socioeconomics impact assessment processes.
- Understand how OIMS is used to drive environmental protection and regulatory compliance and support the corresponding work processes.
- Become familiar with operating asset, marketing unit or project within job scope; company environmental policy and standards.
- Understand company positions on environmental and regulatory issues both locally and broadly and support advocacy with governmental and non-governmental institutions.
- Support compliance assurance systems (e.g. prepare regulatory reviews or outlooks, analysis of new regulations, support regulatory or OIMS assessments).
- Help provide training on regulatory and environmental requirements (e.g. refresher training to unit operators).