Sr Mgr Environmental Health Safety Atlanta
Location: GA – Atlanta
Job Ref: 120234
- Company: The Home Depot
- Travel: None
- Functional Area: Operations
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Relocation Provided: No
Divisional Sr. Managers – EHS influence the operations of stores within a single division to ensure a reduction of potential risk for associates and customers while maintaining regulatory compliance. Divisional Sr. Managers are responsible for executing the three focal points to reduce potential risk: positive influence of store, district, regional and divisional leadership to reduce potential risk, crisis management, and store operations support. Divisional Sr. Managers – EHS are responsible for driving safety through influencing and developing store management, resolving safety issues, utilizing reporting to identify opportunities and monitoring regulatory trends to mitigate fines and inspections. They act as a liaison between regional leadership and the stores by communicating the company’s retail strategy and ensuring its execution through strategic planning and timely follow-up. Divisional Sr. Managers – EHS must establish a presence in outlier stores by conducting regular store walks, educational meetings and staff meetings with Management and Associates. A successful Divisional Sr. Manager will lead by example as a champion of safety and have excellent communication skills.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- 20%-Conduct store walks with Store Managers, Assistant Store Managers, Department Supervisors and the District or Regional team to assess store safety/regulatory compliance and recommend improvements; Participate in division, region and district leadership meetings to educate and raise awareness; Teach, coach and train associates
- 20%-Facilitate monthly updates with division team to establish and implement goals and objectives; Interpret reports to determine successes and opportunities within division; “Walk” the competition and monitor programs for best practices; Influence and hold leaders accountable for execution of the company’s EHS programs
- 20%-Manage catastrophic injury investigations with follow up and resolution through partnerships with store and SSC leadership; Manage regulatory inspections and other agency activity while acting as a liaison to the SSC Regulatory Dept; Manage natural disaster activities through partnerships with leadership
- 20%-Effectively communicate with the Sr Director of Operations and Regional teams to drive alignment, establish the District’s direction, and resolve issues; Support the implementation and monitoring of pilot programs and new store initiatives; Champion the InFocus Program to drive participation and best practices
- 10%-Attend store meetings for outlier stores to educate and drive awareness including milestone celebrations and events; Assist business leaders on termination counseling, performance problems, termination decisions and other AR issues involving safety and environmental by partnering with HR and Associate Relations managers
- 10%-Ensure adherence to major and minor work rule policies regarding safety referenced in the Standards of Performance and other company SOPs by partnering with district operations and asset protection managers; Engage with associates and respond promptly to voicemails and emails regarding escalations
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- Position Reports to Director Environmental Health & Safety
- Number of Direct Reports:0
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Conditions could produce mild discomfort on occasion.
Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
- Ability to work a flexible, minimum 55 hour weekly schedule
- At least 3 years prior EHS experience
- At least 3 years leadership experience, preferably retail
Knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- At least 5 years prior EHS experience
- At least 5 years leadership experience, preferably retail
- Knowledge in Environmental, Health, and Safety policies and regulations
- Experience maintaining regulatory compliance and executing programs to reduce potential risk.