SHEQ Manager UK – Bateman Groundworks Ltd
Company: Bateman Groundworks Ltd
Location: Norwich, United Kingdom
The SHEQ manager oversees the safety, health environment, and quality assurance side of the business, He/She will develop, manage, supervise and coordinate work systems to ensure that the production or services of the company meet the highest quality standards and that the working practices of the company are delivered to the 18001 Safety Standards implemented. Reporting to the Production Director all instances of non-compliance.
Day to Day operations
To lead, develop and maintain Office and Project SHEQ management programmes and systems in written and online format recording and delivery through face to face contact, communication and team briefing.
To support line management in delivering Site SHEQ objectives.
- Determines the strategic direction and work priorities (in conjunction with line management) for the continuous improvement of the office and Sites SHEQ management programme and systems.
- Advises line management and assists with the implementation of new or existing SHEQ-related legislation, rules and Company standards to include health and safety awareness training, site inspections of the company and sub-contractors.
- To complete prevention inspections on a regular basis and ensure records maintained of same.
- To investigate accidents and ensure all documentation is updated.
- To develop a monthly SHEQ Communication Strategy for all sites and levels of staff, to include written information, tool box talks and management briefs.
- Full completion of duties of CDM Coordinator as required by the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2007
- Full responsibility for Company preparations for monthly H&S and Quality audits. • Liaison with Production Coordinator & HR Dept for initiating and coordinating training plan and updating information for personnel.
- To assist in retaining all current quality accreditations and work towards the attainment of new quality accreditations (SMAS, CHAS, etc).
- Advises line management in the Office and on Site of health, safety, quality and environmental matters and manages this process to ensure all advice is incorporated into day to day processes and operations.
- Leads the Company in meeting its obligations under the “Health & Safety Act 1974” • Provides support and expertise to line management in incident investigation and reporting (including dangerous occurrences and occupational diseases).
- Facilitates all forms of risk assessment e.g. general, manual handling, COSHH, fire prevention and acts as a final authority where a specialist response is required in relation to risk assessments performed by others on site.
- Conducts occupational health and safety related surveys e.g. noise, lighting, exposure to chemical substances and makes associated recommendations.
- Produces and coordinates the yearly SHEQ action plan and longer term SHEQ roadmap, prepares reports for monthly update of same to Senior Management Meetings.
- Monitors the Site “permit-to-work” system to ensure compliance with Company standards.
- Monitors the Site “Plot, Roads & Sewers Quality Record” system to ensure compliance with Company standards.
- Assists with tender/submission documentation.
All Site personnel, including front line and management staff and contractors, Internal/external auditors and regulatory bodies.
PERSONNEL SPECIFICATION – SHEQ Manager
Essential – General NEBOSH Certificate Construction related Degree CSCS Site Card (Black) First Aid Basic Certificate
Desirable – Construction related Degree
Environmental Management Systems Qualification
General Management Qualification Graduate IOSH Status or CMIOSH status Experience
Essential – At least 3 years experience in a SHEQ Management Role with Line Management experience
Desirable – At least 5 years experience in a SHEQ Management Role in a similar construction contractors industry with Line Management Experience
Essential– Risk Management, Method Statement Review, Site inspections and investigations, Policy development to support site/contract audits, Compliance and maintenance of relevant standards, Risk Assessment experience, knowledge of CDM Regulations, an in-depth understanding of and the ability to interpret SHEQ-related legislation, Company standards and programme requirements in order to pass on knowledge and requirements to others. Experience in information provision to tender and submission process.
Desirable – Experience of BSI ISO 9001, BSI ISO 14001 and BSI OHSAS 18001 standard
Essential – full working knowledge of Microsoft office suite to include day to day experience of excel sheets, excellent report writing skills and document management experience.
Disposition (Required Critical Behaviors)
- Able to demonstrate Results Delivery. Partnership Building (internal and external) Influencing skills
- Excellent Information Sharing ability at all levels Visible SHEQ Values
- Improvement & Motivational Drive.
- Accuracy and attention to detail Embracing and Driving Change.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Planning and organising skills.
- The ability to interact with people at all levels within/external to the Company.
- The ability to self-prioritise workload.
- Must have full driving license
Remuneration Package (Subject to Candidate Experience)
Annual Salary, £50 – 60k
Company Car Package
Access to Company Bonus Scheme
30 days Annual Leave (Including Bank Holidays)
Company Private Health Care Cover
Please send an updated copy of your curriculum vitae to: Claire.firstname.lastname@example.org