SHEQ Advisor Job in Mildenhall, UK
- Reference: 16018
- Location: Mildenhall, Suffolk
- Job Type: Contract
- Salary: £230 – 250 per day
Role: Interim SHEQ Advisor (Inside IR35)
Location: DIO RAF Mildenhall, Bury St. Edmunds
Start date: ASAP
Pay rate: £250 p/d umbrella
DIO Contract – DBS and ability to pass site security clearance required
To ensure that assigned contracts within the Public Services Sector operate to the highest standards of Health, Safety and Environment management through being accountable for the delivery of the SHEQ strategy and engagement to ensure continuous improvement, world class performance and the development of a positive health and safety culture.
- Ensuring that ’s new and future advisory services are maintained and are available at all times on matters affecting the health and safety of all personnel at their place of work.
- To respond to requests for advice which fall within HS&E through discussion with the Senior/ Regional SHEQ Managers, and others where appropriate
- Undertaking risk assessments relating to SHEQ when required.
- Highlighting areas where poor practice and/or significant risk have occurred. Where necessary preventing works continuing on site and escalating to senior management.
- Ensuring that the application and implementation of CDM2015 is applied throughout the business operational activities.
- Advising Management on all occupational health, safety and welfare matters, keeping them appraised on the success or otherwise of the measures and advising management of possible alternative arrangements.
- Auditing places of work, focusing on provision of safe systems of work and attitudes towards SHEQ. Issue formal reports, recommending corrective actions and supporting contract teams in prompt closure of actions.
- Actively promote improvements in attitudes towards health and safety ensuring the provision of a SHEQ induction for personnel at all levels covering accident prevention techniques, hazard awareness and compliance.
- Ensuring that personnel are regularly and properly informed by maintaining a co-ordinated system of SHEQ publicity, promotions and adequate level of training and guidance.
- Ensuring that personnel at all levels are properly updated on new and revised legislation.
- Carrying out investigations into all accidents/incidents and issuing reports detailing causes and recommended action. Ensure that accident/Incident are up dated and closed using the Accident and Incident Management System (AIMS) on a regular basis and that actions are closed in a timely manner.
- Liaising with management on the notification of accidents and dangerous occurrences, and the reporting/recording of these incidents.
- Attend functional team meetings and operational meetings as required.
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- Level 4 qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Full driving licence required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Health & Safety preferably within an Engineering, Construction or FM Industry
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this role, contact;