SHE Logistics Consultant TEC Group United States
Location: Illinoi, United States
Provide, maintain, and manage SHE assurance framework for the distribution of products in the United States and to some extent in Asia and maintain strong relationships with customers, service providers, as well as working groups and industry associations.
- To develop, communicate and implement Logistics Safety strategy and procedures for all sites and tank-terminals in the US and to some extent in Asia. This has a direct influence on the Safety KPI´s of the Sites, business units as well as for preventing near misses, minor, or major incidents.
- Act as an expert in Interpretation of national and international legislation, dangerous goods regulations and give advice to different internal and external functions.
- Transfer legal requirements into business unit policies and Global Codes of Practices.
- Promote business unit strategy, policy and requirements to external partners and customers.
- Complete approximately (per year):
10 – 15 customer visits / audits,
2 Transport Companies audits,
3 Tank Storage Terminals audits
2 – 3 driver trainings sessions
- Preventing incidents is paramount. Making sure that no one is injured, the environment is protected, and company reputation is maintained at the highest level is essential.
- Create action plans from logistics activities and follow-up to close gaps and improve SHE performance.
- Prepare training packages and execute or organise trainings for internal and external partners for different levels of attendees (operator up to management level) and a broad variety of topics ( e.g. product awareness, cargo securing, legal advice, interpretation of legislation etc.) as well as in different European countries.
- Influence internal and external functions to follow recommended Logistics SHE practices.
- Support Supply Chain Managers, Sales Managers and Safety Managers to achieve
Logistics SHE targets.
- Lead, analyze, evaluate and solve complex challenges and projects on a variety of different logistics related issues at all levels.
- Manage logistics SHE costs for region within budget.
- Effectively gather, analyze and internally communicate competitive intelligence for the benefit of the United States and Global Logistics SHE Team and Supply Chain across business units.
- Interface effectively with other logistics members to support projects and optimize United States Supply Chain.
- Act as contact and main focal point for off site logistics related emergency situations to support emergency services in the region.
- Lead or actively participate in incident investigations in regard to logistics incidents to prevent a repetition and improve safety.
- Oversee the assurance of the safe shipping in the region.
- Responsible for developing and implementing safety guidelines, policies and procedures with internal and external stakeholders together with SHE Consultants in Europe and Asia.
- Provide marine expertise to commercial and operational departments.
Additional Special Responsibilities
- Providing the logstics SHE service in a globally acting framework
- Working in foreign cultures and with different languages
- Wide range of product, legislation, transport mode etc. knowledge due to product and transport specifics.
- Keep up-to-date in regard to legislation, technical developments and similar topics
- Must be a certified Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor
- Interface and interact with all levels of partners (internal and external)
- Simultaneously handle multiple tasks / project on very different fields and levels
- Engage in Technical and SHE diplomacy with customers, partners and industry communities (internal & external) to promote safe handling
Skills & Competencies
* Ability to conceive and articulate logistics SHE strategies and objectives
* Customer Focused (business understanding and strategy alignment)
* Effective Communicator at all levels of the organization
* Ability to effectively communicate SHE processes and topics to customers and 3rd parties
* Many assignments are self-initiated so job holder must be a highly motivated self-starter
* Influencing Skills (internal and external)
* Cultural sensitive
* Builds strong relationships (internal and external)
* Must be able to make decisions on different levels
Knowledge & Education
- Bachelor degree in scientific discipline, e.g. Chemistry or Engineering or equivalent field experience
- 3 – 5 years existing knowledge of SHE transportation regulations
- 3 – 5 years Experience in marine, truck and rail transportation
- Hazardous chemicals handling knowledge is necessary
- 3 – 5 years of experience in logistics or a logistics related function
- 3 – 5 years experience in a shipping or loading function in a manufacturing facility is preferred.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of tank & storage equipment / design as well as transport and handling equipment.
- SHE & Business acumen including industry and logistics specific knowledge
- SHE leadership abilities
- Deep technical and safety knowledge in all characteristics of storage and transport equipment, road, rail, vessel and barge equipment and the legal requirements (international and of various nations) with regard to transport, operations and operational safety of hazardous materials.
- Ability to interpret and apply the appropriate transportation regulations properly
Applying for the job
Use the link below to apply