Senior Process Engineer Canada (Worley Parsons)
Job Ref.: EDM00MA
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Staff
Job Level: Experienced
Deadline: Feb 18, 2018
Reporting Manager Title: Manager, Process Engineering
WorleyParsons is a recognized leader in providing professional services to the energy, resources, chemicals and infrastructure industries, and we continue to push boundaries and extend our capabilities around the world. We cover the full lifecycle – from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets on a global scale – taking pride in providing safe and high-quality services that exceed our clients’ expectations.
Reporting to a more senior Process Engineer (project dependent), or to the Chief Process Engineer, the Senior Process Engineer is responsible for project coordination of various activities related to process engineering. The Senior Process Engineer supports the Project Manager/Engineer and may support other Process Engineers in the area of process design front-end studies/proposals, process design and/or process optimization. The position has close interaction with other members of Process Department and as well as other departments and clients.
- Completing conceptual and detailed process engineering design of new or revamp/additions to existing facilities
- Carrying out calculations, designs, cost estimates, Heat and Material Balances (H&MB), and process simulations
- Providing process specifications for equipment
- Creating, reviewing and revising PFDs, P&IDs, layout and line lists, complete and review data sheets
- Developing the design basis and report writing such as equipment surveys, cost estimates, and process studies
- Providing technical support to more other Process Engineers
- Reviewing and signing off on calculations completed by others
- May be required to select assigned personnel for certain tasks
- Finding and applying relevant standards, regulations, codes and guidelines applicable for task, identify areas of deviation or concern
- Responsible for working within and following company work procedures, Quality Assurance guidelines, Safety regulations and specific job guidelines
- Ensuring and maintaining the quality of process engineering work within the project.
- Stamping of engineering documents
Technical and Industry Experience:
Advanced knowledge of the following is required:
- Fluid behavior and hydraulics
- Heat transfer
- Process equipment, various types and configurations, benefits/shortfalls particular to a certain application
- Potential hazardous locations and conditions.
- P&ID development
- Instrumentation and controls process design
Skill is required in many of the following areas:
- Process Modeling Software (Hysys, Pro II, Promax)
- PFD, P&IDs and plot layouts
- Overseeing other Process Engineers depending on size of job
- Good working knowledge of computer programs (MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) is beneficial
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- The position requires a Professional Engineer with a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, a minimum of 15 years in process design and professional registration in the Province of Alberta or equivalent.