Senior Occupational Hygienist Shell, UK & I
Location: Aberdeen – Tullos, United Kingdom
We believe that oil and gas will remain a vital part of the global energy mix for many decades to come. Our role is to ensure that we extract and deliver these energy resources profitably and in environmentally and socially responsible ways.
We aim to work closely with our customers, our partners and policymakers to advance a more efficient and sustainable use of energy and natural resources.
Skillpool group: Health Safety Environment & Security
Reference ID: 56126BR
Job Deadline: 20 August, 2017
- Accountability for implementation of relevant Occupational Hygiene elements of the Shell Health Plan
- Accountability for development and implementing Occupational Hygiene monitoring plans and activities as identified by business priorities and risk assessments.
- Provide advice and assistance to the business and in particular offshore medics and occupational Hygiene Technicians.
- Undertake Health Risk Assessments and periodic Health Risk Assessment reviews.
- Provide advice and support to the Business on all relevant Occupational Hygiene topics, including hazardous chemicals, asbestos, legionella, noise and vibration.
- Develop project Health Risk Assessments
- Manage health support, and provide relevant expertise, for selected capital projects.
- Act as accountable Technical Authority for UK&I upstream Industrial Hygiene legislation compliance
- Support the business by approval of purchased chemical products
- Implement a strategy for industrial hygiene across all sites
- Responsible for compliance in occupational hygiene for divestment, decommissioning and acquisition activities
- Higher education (degree/diploma) in a science or engineering discipline.
- Professionally qualified Occupational Hygienist (minimum professional status LFOH or equivalent).
- Practical experience of Occupational Hygiene work in an industrial setting.
- Good communication and influencing skills, ability to relate to people with a range of job types, seniority and personality types.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
Please note: Shell occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.