Senior Manager: HSE, Quality and Risk South Africa
Job Ref.: JOH007D
Primary Location: ZAF-GT-Johannesburg
Employment Type: Staff
The Assurance Business Partner role will manage the Assurance function for our Africa Region. The successful incumbent will assist the business to deliver successful assurance outcomes on projects and in the office, foster a positive assurance culture across the region and provide guidance and subject matter expertise.
This will be achieved by working closely alongside and supporting Locations and associated project and office management teams and the global assurance community.
|Job Specific Knowledge:
- Strong demonstrable knowledge of risk, quality and HSE business and project processes and field practices
- Experience with project delivery procedures and processes
- Understanding of commercial and strategic business drivers
- Strong stakeholder management and leadership skills
- Good presentation, training and communication skills to both internal and external stakeholders
- Skilled in workshop facilitation, problem solving and conflict resolution
- Strong time management skills including ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to maintain confidential information
|Industry Specific Experience:
- 10+ years of either HSE, quality or risk experience, with minimum of 3 years working in a senior management capacity
- Minimum of 5 years experience in either a senior HSE position or a senior operations position within the resources, construction or infrastructure sectors
- 2+ years of industry relevant experience including in a site based project HSE, quality or risk role on large or complex projects involving procurement and contractor management
|Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- A recognised degree or post graduate qualification in OHS, Environmental Management, Engineering or related discipline
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Relevant accredited qualification/experience
- Training accreditation preferred
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world’s best health, safety, and environmental performance.
- Exhibit leadership and commitment to meet the Worley Parsons vision of Zero harm
- Understand and champion the expectations of OneWay™
- Proven track record in driving industry leadership in HSE performance
- Advanced user in MS Office applications and MS SharePoint 2013
- Knowledge of systems (assurance systems)
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Deliver quality services and demonstrate a commitment to understand and meet customer needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effectively manages and resolves conflict between individuals and/or groups. Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams, and share and transfer knowledge within teams.
- Proactive and able to negotiate successful outcomes that achieve the required objectives and have the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Ability to apply analytical skills, intelligence and knowledge to problem solving or meet deadlines, and able to ask for assistance if required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
- Excellent management skills including the ability to plan, set goals; and manage time, priorities, resources, accountabilities, schedules and cost.
- Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment, and assists others with adapting to change.
- Act in the best interests of Worley Parsons at all times.
- Travel as required, including travel related to projects and to support other Worley Parsons offices