Job Title: Senior HSE Advisor – Dubai, UAE
· Ensure all new employees undertake CH2M new employee HSE orientation & assist to ensure that employees are categorized in the correct ‘Worker Category’ and follow through with their HSE trainings.
· Assists in the development, communication and promotion of HSE program requirements to management and staff.
· Assist with business development and proposal HSE inputs as required.
· Provide review, interpretation and technical advice on HSE Regulations and CH2M HSE policies and standards.
· Conducts risk assessments to ensure that employees are not exposed to serious occupational health and safety risks and that hazards are reduced to as low as reasonably practicable.
· Monitors existing control measures to ensure they are effective and provide technical assistance where required in reducing risks.
· Conducts regular health and safety inspections of CH2M offices and construction projects in line with CH2M HSE and legal requirements.
· Designs or modifies workplaces, processes, products or other systems to control or eliminate hazards as required.
· Conducts ergonomic assessments and suggest improvements to ensure that good ergonomic principles are promoted including aligning workstations, provision of ergonomic furniture/equipment to the needs of employees, suggesting good robust ergonomic stretches and modifying work activities where required.
· Ensure all accidents/incidents and HSE complaints are investigated to ascertain causes and recommend preventive measures & development/revision of HSE programs as required.
· Manages HSE accident/incident data for regional/corporate reporting purposes and also assist field projects sites in ensuring monthly reporting & record keeping.
· Maintains expert knowledge of specific requirements imposed by Governmental agencies, Regulatory bodies and CH2M policies and procedures.
· Conducts & leads HSE training programs for local leadership, execution teams and project site teams.
· Conducts comprehensive audits and reviews of CH2M offices and projects to ensure consistent application of CH2M & Regulatory HSE requirements.
· Assists with supplier/vendor prequalification to ensure that all vendors undergo HSE prequalification to ensure they meet CH2M HSE and worker welfare requirements.
· Act as a lead person or technical expert and provide direction to local Leadership and less experienced personnel.
· Assists in establishing safety culture within the region.
- · Minimum of 8 years of relevant HSE leadership/management experience
- · Consultant side/PMC site HSE experience required
- · Proven ability to drive HSE programs with project teams and contractors
- · Pro-active approach to leading safety initiatives
- · Demonstrable ability to make project teams manage safety and take accountability for HSE (this is not an Inspector role!)
- · Have the ability to get teams energised about HSE initiatives
- · Relevant degree qualification preferred
To Apply: Follow this link to apply on company’s website