|About the Organisation
Senex is an Australian oil and gas company with a 30-year history. We explore and produce from a diverse portfolio across two of the country’s most prolific onshore energy producing regions. Senex operates existing oil producing assets in the Cooper Basin and is progressing greenfield gas projects in the Surat Basin. Together, the Senex-operated Western Surat Gas Project and Project Atlas involve drilling of up to 500+ wells and will contribute to future energy security for Australia’s east coast. We are headquartered in Brisbane and an ASX 300 company.
About the Role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Health and Safety Advisor to join Senex on a permanent basis to support the review, development, implementation and compliance of Senex Operations with the HSE Management System, both in the field and in the corporate office.
Reporting to the Senior Health and Safety Manager, the role will also provide expert advice, guidance and support to the business in order to drive a continual improvement in health and safety performance and culture ensuring that all Senex employees and contractors have adequate skills and knowledge regarding the Health and Safety policies, procedures and safe systems of work.
- Support the Senior H&S Manager to review, develop and implement the Senex HSE Management System across Senex, ensuring that it complies with the relevant standards, guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Implement legislative and procedural changes through the technical development of safety management plans, procedures, policies, tools and programs.
- Lead, motivate and develop a strong and robust Health and Safety culture, ensuring that all Senex employees have adequate skills and knowledge regarding the Health and Safety policies, procedures and safe systems of work.
- Develop and implement safety related training and assessment tools.
- Facilitate and support Senex’s risk identification and assessment processes.
- Conduct audits of Senex HSE Systems and field operations to assess compliance with procedures and practices.
- Work with key stakeholders across the organisation (including Operations, Contracts & Procurement, Production and Drilling Managers) in order to assess procedures and practices to achieve compliance with Senex HSE Management System.
- Oversee and provide SME support across Senex for the following:
- Contractor management – ensuring that equipment and contracted services are subject to field rig up inspection and acceptance process and that these meet the required regulatory standards for the area of operations.
- Corporate H&S management system internal audits – including managing and maintaining a current schedule (incl. both auditors and audits) and taking on the role of lead auditor.
- H&S Assurance and verification program – including all Senex operational (including contractor) activities:
- Develop, maintain and deliver a best practice incident management process to drive continuous improvement and reduce the potential for serious incidents and injuries.
- Support the Senior Health & Safety Manager to drive a strong safety culture of reporting and investigating of incidents, near misses and hazards including leading/supporting independent incident investigations in the field, as required.
- Provide expert H&S guidance and field support to seismic programs, project activities, drilling & completions campaigns, and operations, as required as well as supporting the development and roll our of Emergency Response exercises across the organisation.
Travel to the field and operational sites on a regular basis will also be required (approx. 1-2 weeks per month).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will require the following qualifications and experience:
- Formal OHS/HSE qualifications to a Bachelor Degree (or postgraduate) level.
- 8-10 years (min) H&S experience in a similar role in oil and gas, or other relevant industry.
- Internal Auditor qualification in either; Safety (AS/NZS 4801) or Quality (ISO AS/NZS 9001).
- Direct knowledge and experience with contractor management principles, auditing, and assurance.
- In depth knowledge of relevant state and federal legislation.
- Excellent technical writing and presentation skills, with ability to adapt style and content of presentation for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge and understanding of the applicable ISO/AS/NZ management system standards.
- Proven experience providing exceptional safety leadership in a Field / Project environment, to positively influence and foster culture towards successful outcomes;
- Proven confidence in own abilities and is motivated to deliver;
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexible attitude and the ability to react to changing scenarios and priorities.
- Advanced root cause analysis or incident investigation techniques (e.g. Tap Root, I-CAM)
- Direct knowledge and experience with crisis and emergency management principles.
Additional training and experience in the following areas will be well regarded:
- Implementation and rollout of HSE Management Systems and/or Incident Management System.
- Previous front-line leadership, supervision or management experience.
- Lead Internal Auditor qualification in either; Safety (AS/NZS 4801) or Quality (ISO AS/NZS 9001).
- All applications should include a cover letter which addresses your suitability for the position, along with a current resume.
- To apply click the “Apply” button located on this page.
- Applications close at 11.30pm on Sunday 1 July 2018.