Requisition ID: 2019-63687
Position Type: Staff / Permanent
Vacancy exist for the post of a Senior Environmental Engineer with 15+ years’ experience in contaminated sediment investigation and remediation design to join our Novi, MI office. This position requires an individual with effective communication skills as significant client, agency, public and team interactions are expected.
- Serve as a technical leader for investigation and remediation design opportunities, with a particular focus on contaminated sediment projects- including proposal writing, technical support and review, and senior technical leadership to junior staff
- Interface with offices across North America in support of clients and projects
- Lead client-facing activities, and meetings with regulators that include presentations, webinars, and meetings
- Effectively communicate with team members local, regionally and nationally regarding opportunities and projects
- Develops or reviews engineering approach, scope, schedule, and budget for contaminated sedimental remedial designs including excavation, dredging, capping, and monitored natural recovery
- Supports development of cost estimates for remediation approaches
- Work with multiple offices/staff to coordinate projects
- Oversees development of and reviews contaminated sediment remedial design and construction components including but not limited to design specifications, drawings, bid packages, contractor submittals, and cost estimates
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. degree in Environmental Engineering or related field; P.E. strongly preferred
- 15+ years environmental consulting or similar relevant environmental engineering experience
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience with contaminated sediment projects
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Familiar with HEC-RAS, DELFT, or similar hydrodynamic modeling software
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and organizational abilities
- Strong technical writing skills
- Willingness and ability to interact with regulatory agencies, stakeholders and clients and develop effective teamwork relationships
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with the ability/desire to lead tasks
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours as required
- 20-30% travel to client meetings, conferences, or project sites
- Must pass drug test, entrance physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company’s driving (MVR) policy.
How to Apply: If your qualification meets the above requirement for this job, you can submit an updated copy of your CV below:
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE news.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you