Senior Environment Manager UK (Allen-York)
Job Type: Contract
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands. UK
Job Ref.: BBBH25313
Contact Mail: email@example.com
Exciting opportunity to join a high-profile rail infrastructure organisation, in which you will be responsible for managing the area environmental assessment work and leading the EIA team.
- Lead on the Area Team’s environmental assessment requirements and deliverables, working closely with the Senior Route Engineer.
- Provide client leadership and advice to develop environmental design solutions and ensure that environmental sustainability issues continue to be embedded as an integral part of the project design in accordance with the Sustainability Policy.
- Work collaboratively with other technical specialists including engineers, construction experts, architects, property advisors, environmental and sustainability specialists to achieve high quality integrated designs and develop appropriate and cost balanced mitigation strategies and solutions.
- Ensure requirements for environmental consultants are developed to timeframes and work collaboratively with the Client and Project Integration team.
- Be the key client and stakeholder liaison for environmental consultants (including transport and equalities impact assessment).
- Review and critically appraise all area environmental deliverables produced by consultants to ensure compliance with the organisation’s technical and sponsor requirements, environmental commitments, environmental law and regulation.
- Support the central and area management of the area environmental budget to ensure consultant costs are properly forecast, managed and controlled in line with the overall budget and organisational requirements.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant environmental/ built environmental discipline.
- Master’s degree level in a relevant subject (desirable)
- Chartered membership of a relevant environmental/ built environmental organisation (desirable)
- Significant experience of leading on environmental assessment (EIA) and design on large or complex infrastructure/ engineering projects.
- 3Experience in project management of complex projects and financial management of projects, including procurement processes.
- Proven knowledge of EU and UK environment legislation and current best practice
For more information about this position, please contact Alex Carroll-Adams at ALLEN & YORK or apply with your CV.