Senior Construction HSSE (Lead) Job in Canada
Requisition ID 2020-72623
Position Type: Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Safety Coordinator (Lead) to join our construction project site near Rocanville, SK
- Prepare and maintain the project HSSE Execution Plan, reflecting the scope of work and risk profile
- Maintain the effectiveness and continued development of the HSSE management system and providing direction and support to its application on the project
- Provide assistance and guidance to project and construction management teams regarding planning, and execution strategies for HSSE activities on the project
- Implement an assurance strategy to monitor compliance against the project HSSE Execution Plan and HSSE procedures
- Establish a working relationship with Subcontractors HSSE Representatives, and enlist services and facilities when required, ensuring an adequate interface with relevant stakeholders (such as subcontractors, Client, enforcing authorities, local communities) in matters related to HSSE
- Examine HSSE trends and proposing actions to prevent recurrence of incidents, accidents, and near-misses
- Advise project management on current and future legislation affecting work done under the contract
- Highlight HSSE issues, make recommendations and/or issue instructions (based on reports, audits, and incident analysis) that will be implemented to enhance HSSE performance
- Provide HSSE support, guidance and leadership to contractor management, supervision and craft
- Participate, and if required facilitate in Root Cause Analysis of major incidents
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 15 years of HSE advisory experience on medium to large scale, heavy industrial projects, with at least 5 years experience in a Lead position
- Due to the large percentage of time spent in the field, candidates must be able to perform physical activities such as extended periods of walking in areas of uneven ground conditions in varying environmental conditions, climbing stairs, scaffolds and ladders, entering confined spaces and excavations. Additionally, extended periods of time are spent driving around the construction footprint in a four wheel drive pick-up truck over varying, sometimes very rough terrain with frequent need to access/egress vehicle to check on status of work
- Recognized Safety Certification by accredited association
- Strong understanding of the Saskatchewan Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations
- Strong skills in MS Word/Excel/Outlook
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada at time of application
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.