Safety & Training Supervisor (STS) Canada
Job Id: 11951
Start date: 30th Oct 17
Job Type: Contract
Contact Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Offshore, Nova Scotia
Reports to: Master or Rig Manager, also indirectly reports to shorebased HSE Personnel
Unit: Noble Regina Allen, Jack Up
Leverage the rig management toward creating an injury free rig culture. Work to develop better (rig based) safety leaders by providing leadership and direction with regard to the Worldwide HSE Plan. Implement and uphold safety and environmental compliance requirements.
- Must be Canadian or have a work permit / visa to work in Canada
- High School Diploma (College Degree preferred)
- 3+ years offshore work experience in a Safety role
- Basic Survival Training (BST)
- H2S Alive
- WHMIS 2015
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space Entry
- Emergency First Aid
- Accident / Incident Investigation Training
- Regulatory Awareness
- CAPP Medical
- Must pass Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- High Energy; Passionate about making a difference; Willing to Learn; Self Starter; Self Motivated.
- Creative thinker; Able to see the big picture and think outside the box.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Monitor routine rig operations for strict compliance with Noble’s HSE Management System (HSE-MS). E.g. Permit to Work (PTW) System; Safe Rigging and Lifting Requirements; Derrick Inspection Manual; Job Safety Analysis requirements etc.
- Provide recommendations for addressing all sources of non-compliance.
- Develop relationships and build trust with the rig management, functional heads and rig crews by initiating frequent safety related conversations.
- Identify those policies and procedures supporting the HSE-MS that are either unworkable or in need of revision. Communicate all change requests to the region HSE group.
- Oversee all HSE training (competence) requirements for the rig management, functional heads and rig crews. Oversee the application of Skills VX to capture all training / licensing certifications.
- Recommend reading material; training films, workshops appropriate for rig management, functional heads and rig crews.
- Co-ordinate the offshore orientation for all personnel boarding the rig (and in accordance with Noble policies and procedures).
- Ensure specific HSE equipment on the rig is correctly maintained (as directed by the region HSE department and the SAP Program).
- Conduct various documentation duties including (but not limited to):
- Compilation of Monthly HSE statistics
- Provide oversight and tracking of the rig based corrective action log. Flag overdue actions items as appropriate.
- Produce periodic trend analysis based on information received from STOP cards, exercising of Stop Work Authority (SWA), Unplanned Events; Management By Walk Arounds etc. Communicate trends in reference to the “three buckets”.
- Act as the rig focal point and knowledge specialist for all HSE related regulatory compliance issues and certification requirements.
- Other duties as required.
Interested and qualified candidate should forward their curriculum vitae’s to the E-mail below: