Safety Technician IEW Construction Group, Inc. Trenton, New Jersey
Employment Type: Full-time
IEW is a civil general contractor located in Hamilton, NJ specializing in untility construction, heavy highway & bridge construction and maintenance. We are looking for someone that wants to work hard and is trustworthy. Must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week and travel throughout the entire State of NJ, PA and surrounding states.
IEW is a heavy civil construction company, currently searching for a SAFETY TECHNICIAN to join our growing Safety Team. This is a highly visible, pro-active and “hands-on” position. You will be working with our Safety Team responsible for safety related matters including OSHA compliance on multi-million dollar construction sites.
The Construction Safety Technician will monitor safety for construction projects. They will be responsible for job hazard analysis, identify safety hazards, and implement safety programs.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Administer policies, rules and procedures of the company’s safety program as they apply to employee’s protection, public safety, equipment and property protection.
- Administrative responsibility for the safety program on projects assigned.
- Conduct safety audits of assigned projects to ensure compliance with applicable client rules and regulations, federal and state regulations and/or laws including OSHA and corporate regulations.
- Investigate serious accident and major environmental incidents.
- Write necessary reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with a construction company in a safety role
- Strong communication skills – Technical writing skills
- OSHA 30 Certification a MUST
- OSHA 500/510 Certification a Plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team oriented professional work environment and field operations.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to prioritize a diverse workload.
- Detail oriented.
- Working knowledge of construction, marine and heavy highway.
- College degree in Safety, related discipline or equivalent.
- Previous experience with Unions a plus.
- 3+ years of experience working in the safety field.
- Computer skills a must including excel and word.
- Ability to work in conditions that include frequent outside environment with exposure to inclement weather.
- Must have a valid driver’s license. Travel will be necessary throughout NJ, PA and surrounding states.
- Off-shift and weekend work may be required at times.
- Ability to physically walk a construction site, including climbing of ladders and scaffolding.