Safety Team Lead South Africa – Chevron
Location: Milnerton, Western Cape, ZA
We operate 100,000 barrels per day refinery in Milnerton, Cape Town, that produces gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, liquefied petroleum gas, fuel oil, paving asphalt and other products. Chevron South Africa also has interests in a lubricant oil manufacturing plant in Durban and maintains a laboratory and blending plant there.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Safety Team Lead located in Milnerton, South Africa through 11 July 2018.
Key Job Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Supervise Safety Specialist, Health and Environment Services Contractors (Chesm Coordinator), and Incident Investigator Co-coordinators
- Provide expertise, guidance and stewardship in all aspects of safety planning and execution
- Act as safety liaison with the corporation, industry groups and government agencies
- Drives best practices and standardization across the refinery
- Provide guidance and implementation direction on incident and injury free, loss prevention system, behaviour based safety and other corporate processes (early incident management, safe work practices) and initiatives
- Monitor and reviews proposed safety regulations and legislation. Coordinate programs to achieve company compliance to the legislation
- Represent the company on issues related to safety
- Participate in and lead health environment and safety risk assessments. Coordinate program to achieve compliance to local regulations and international best practice
- Participate in operational excellence networks and health environment and safety business improvement networks
- Support operations in process operations north, south, blending and shipping, off sites (including wharf), peripheral areas such as maintenance workshops, fabrication yards, Fire Department, stores and contractor facilities
- Tertiary qualification – B. degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of work related expereince preferably obtained from the same industry (Refinery)
- Field / operations experience would be an advantage
- Display leadership qualities in giving work direction, training and mentoring
- Solid stakeholder engagement and facilitation skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to drive operational excellence in the workplace
- Excellent communications skills to support excellent relations with the regulator and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to identify and build key relationships that contribute to high-class business results
- Demonstrated commitment to Chevron’s values of integrity, partnership and trust and achieving an incident and injury free environment
Relocation may be considered within Chevron South Africa parameters.
Selected candidates will work in South Africa under the local payroll system and benefits.