Safety Specialist Job in Texas – Crestron
The Safety Specialist will have a leadership presence on the production floor and throughout all Crestron buildings. The ideal candidate will influence and engage employees in all aspects of health and safety. This candidate will be responsible for assisting in the development, implementation and evaluation of safety programs, procedures, and processes in order to achieve compliance and zero-injuries. This is an entry level position that requires at least two years of experience in safety.
- Conduct New Hire Safety Orientation for new employees, providing clear communication so that new hire employees understand their role in performing their jobs safely.
- Inspect company facilities to detect existing or potential safety and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Participate in reviewing, maintaining, and revising existing health and safety programs and creating new programs including but not limited to SOP’s and JHA’s as needed.
- Assist in developing and conducting safety & health training to personnel in an effective manner
- Maintain all training records and enter into Safety Database
- Maintain and update Safety Data Sheet database
- Investigate accidents, injuries, and occupational illnesses to determine causes and recommend, install, and implement preventive measures to reduce or eliminate hazards
- Self-starter yet able to take direction.
- Ensure federal, state and local laws, regulations and codes are observed.
- Understand the operation’s safety & health vision and take action to help achieve the vision while demonstrating safe work practices and leading by example.
- 3-4 years of experience working in safety
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental, safety, or industrial hygiene or something similar preferred
- OSHA 10 or 30 hour in General Industry is a plus
- Experience with navigating OSHA regulations
- Comfortable facilitating training programs to small and large groups of employees
- Prior experience working in the manufacturing industry is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook)
- Effective written and verbal communication is a must
- Strong planning, organization and follow up skills.
- Some travel between our locations in Euless and Plano, Texas is required.