Safety Specialist Honeywell USA
Job Title: Safety Specialist
Job ID: HRD7346
Category: Health, Safety & Environment
Join a team and showcase your ability to lead and provide expert hands-on technical involvement in the areas of:
- Air, hazardous and solid waste, waste water and storm water, occupational safety, contractor safety, industrial hygiene, radiation and process safety to ensure compliance with HS&E standards and policies and interpretations of local and national HS&E requirements, permits and regulations.
- Manage Audits and Action Item tracking to ensure timely closure.
- Provide functional support of the Management of Change (MOC) process, HSE review of capital projects, and participation in process hazard assessments.
- Drive continuous improvement using Honeywell’s Health, Safety and Environmental initiatives through a Compliance Operating System.
- Drive root cause analysis for incidents and lead strategic and tactical programs with the site staff to improve performance, and sustainability.
- Manage interactions and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, outside support / consulting groups, and regulatory agency personnel.
- 30% Implements HSE standards
20% Strong MOS Administration
20% Effective Coach & Role Model
15% Site Compliance Reviews
15% Root Cause Analysis
BS degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline is required.
- In-depth occupational health, safety and/or environmental experience in research and development, chemical manufacturing, processing.
- Knowledge of and direct experience in Health, Safety and Environment auditing, management systems, Responsible Care® and ISO 14001 is also a plus.
- Highly motivated, energetic, self-directed individual with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a changing environment to meet customer and business needs.
- Strong computer, project management, and organizational skills required.
- Experience in a union environment a plus.
- Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status. Exempt
- Some Travel Required
Qualified candidates should apply through the link below: