Safety Manager Job in Portland
Local candidates will only be considered
No travel, lodging or per diem is available.
HazTek Inc. is one of the nation’s largest and most experienced occupational health and safety management firms. We are known for our professional consulting services and premium safety training and we are trusted for our effectiveness in keeping workers safe today – so employees and businesses will be here tomorrow. HazTek is growing and currently seeking outstanding performers to join our team.
The key functions of the Safety Manager are to support specific project needs and ensure that best practices are implemented, safety compliance requirements are met, and an improved safety culture and performance is delivered.
- Oversee all aspects of a commercial construction project ensuring OSHA compliance
- Conduct daily safety meetings
- Complete accident reports and conduct accident investigations
- Ensure all personnel wear their personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Daily safety audits and inspections
- Oversee all subcontractors and contractors
- Inspect power tools and heavy equipment
- Write job hazard analysis (JHA) and health & safety plans (HASP)
- Oversee Fall Protection, Scaffolding, Steel Erection, and Excavation
- Minimum 10 years direct construction or safety experience required
- OSHA 10 or 30 hour in Construction certification
- OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER
- OSHA 500
- CHST, or OHST, or CHMM, or ASP
- First Aid/CPR Instructor certified
- Expert knowledge of construction safety standards
- Experience developing a Site Specific Safety Plan
- Experience developing a Corporate Heatlh and Safety Plan
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) or ability to obtain the card
- Must have experience in teaching Fall Protection, Scaffolding, Steel Erection, and Excavation classes
Experience preferred in the following areas:
- Contractor Safety Oversight
Integrity | Compassion | Dependability | Support | Accountability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.