Safety Manager Job in Indiana – Sargent Electric Company
- East Chicago, IN
- Full Time
We are looking for an experience SAFETY MANAGER for our Industrial Projects. This individual will be responsible for managing and overseeing safety and health on various industrial sites. The ideal candidate must be able to use analytics, identify trends, and familiar with Collective Bargaining Agreements. This individual will report to the Regional Safety Manager in our East Chicago, IN office.
**Travel may be required for safety coverage on various projects.
- Conduct site audits and assessments to ensure compliance with Federal, State and client requirements.
- Conduct accident, incident, near miss, property damage and assist with claim management.
- Review client contracts, develop site specific safety plans, attend kick off meetings, and assist in close out meeting action items.
- Perform orientation training for new employees, equipment training, FA/CPR, I&I, Grounding.
- Maintain a schedule for equipment testing such as rubber goods, hot sticks, grounds, and macs.
- Assist with developing and revising JHA’s, wire pull plans, and other safety programs.
- Assume any additional duties and responsibilities as delegated by Sargent Electrical Management.
- Assume additional duties and responsibilities as delegated by Sargent Electrical Management.
- Excellent written communication skills. Proficient with computers, particularly Microsoft Office applications, including the ability to type.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of diverse individuals.
- Works efficiently under tight timeframes, responds to requests in a timely manner, and communicates effectively as a team player.
- Understands the importance of being able to multi-task.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety Sciences (or similar field).
- At least 5 years’ of industrial electrical experience.
- 10 years of construction management.
- CHST – Certified Health and Safety Technician.
- CSP – Certified Safety Professional
- OSHA 500 certification.