Safety Engineer Job in North America
About the Role
The Essity Manufacturing Professional Hygiene North America team is currently searching for a Safety Engineer. This position will be based out of our South Glens Falls, NY facility.
The Safety Engineer supports and coordinates the safety program, continuous improvement (HMEx) safety initiatives and tools, safety data management, and supports safety-related engineering initiatives in all areas of paper operations.
We’re looking for people who embody our values, aren’t afraid to challenge, innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We’re always looking for ways to improve our products and ourselves. If this is you, we’d love to talk.
What You Will Do
- Supports the Safety Manager, Northeast Region with safety programs to achieve established safety goals and objectives at the South Glens Falls, Greenwich and Saratoga sites;
- Assists department managers and supervisors in developing and promoting safety awareness and safety communication throughout Paper Operations;
- Support safety training programs and recordkeeping;
- Supports the Essity hearing conservation, safety shoes, safety glasses, first aid, and other safety-related programs;
- Assists in providing information for monthly department safety crew meetings, online safety training, and New Employee Orientation
- Coordinates with other locations to maintain consistency in safety programs;
- Effectively communicates safety information and responds to employee suggestions concerning safety matters;
- Coordinates safety audits and incident investigations;
- Maintain and update applicable safety policies, programs, and reports, as needed;
- Routine monitoring of production to promote safe working conditions;
- Perform safety and equipment/machine to detect existing or potential hazards, participate in identifying corrective preventative measures where indicated, and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented;
- Support and lead Machine Safety Risk Assessments (MSRA), Job Safety Analyses (JSA), and Job Hazard Analyses (JHA) projects;
- Assist with engineering, design, and oversight for safety related projects;
- Coordinate industrial hygiene sampling and reporting;
- Participate and lead safety initiatives (e.g. ergonomics);
- Other activities and duties as needed.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, Sciences, or relevant program;
- Manufacturing experience preferred;
- Ability to develop and recommend safety programs;
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written form;
- Ability to motivate employees to work safely;
- Training skills;
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations.