Safety Coordinator Sealed Air Corporation KY – US
Location: Louisville, KY, US, 40214
Company: Sealed Air Corporation
Requisition id: 23441
About Sealed Air Corporation
Sealed Air Corporation is a knowledge-based company focused on packaging solutions that help our customers achieve their sustainability goals in the face of today’s biggest social and environmental challenges. Our portfolio of widely recognized brands, including Cryovac® brand food packaging solutions and Bubble Wrap® brand cushioning, enable a safer and less wasteful food supply chain and protect valuable goods shipped around the world. Sealed Air generated $4.5 billion in sales in 2017 and has approximately 15,000 employees who serve customers in 122 countries.
- The Safety Coordinator will manage and lead the development, implementation and maintenance of EHS systems and improvement programs.
Job Description Cont.
- Directs, develops and oversees the general health and safety policies and procedures of the organization.
- Ensures the workplace is in compliance with OSHA and other state, local or industry specific regulations that periodic safety audits are conducted.
- Provides programs that ensure a safe workplace including safety orientations, skill training, emergency preparedness, proper job instruction, hazardous material disposal procedures and the use of protective equipment.
- Ensures program compliance through the program champions
- Develops a systematic process to collect data and analyze the causes of accidents and generate required reporting.
- Implements initiatives to reduce and prevent accidents, occupational illnesses and exposure to long-term health hazards.
- Provides leadership for the Safety Leadership Team.
- Conducts monthly safety meetings for the plant operational teams.
- Champions the Behavior Based Safety (BBS) objectives.
- Manages the safety budget.
- OSHA 10hr or 30hr certification preferred
- Absolute commitment to the highest safety standards in the work place.
- Significant experience within a diverse manufacturing environment with mature safety systems
- Demonstrated development and implementation of innovative safety programs/ systems.
- Demonstrated competencies in leadership and supervision.
- Self-starter who can demonstrate their ability to lead and implement change
- Possess a high standard of communication skills across all levels of the business
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Able to work flexible hours
- Ability to travel
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Associates or higher degree preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. Sealed Air participates in the E-Verify Program (US sites only).